Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep dealer Asking for pic of my ID or Passport?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Communism_is_Fun View Post

    I basically just googled Puretime watches and it came up.
    My FrankenSub Collection
    My Sub Collection
    My 1675 Adventure

    Comment


      #17
      Go do some reading about buying reps first. Check the newbie sections out. Be patient and learn the landscape before you pull that trigger


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Communism_is_Fun View Post
        Watchesfiles.com is a legit site, correct?

        My wish list:
        Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Communism_is_Fun View Post
          Hey do you guys know where to buy Superocean 44? the previous version with large 6 and 9 on the dial??
          These were originally made by Noob. They're out of production now. They come up for sale on M2M from time to time.
          My FrankenSub Collection
          My Sub Collection
          My 1675 Adventure

          Comment


            #20
            Damn these copy websites.

            Hope OP can get the money back before they claim it the other end.

            Communism_is_Fun Did you try to claim the money back yet? Do it quick as you can! As they´ve been unable to claim it so far maybe its possible, worth a try.

            Sorry, just read on post #12 were able to cancel it. Thats great news!!
            Last edited by scottiedog; 16-10-20, 14:53.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Communism_is_Fun View Post
              Watchesfiles.com is a legit site, correct?
              Click Here https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/trusted-dealers

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post

                You don't know if they're legit or you're assuming watchesfiles is not legit?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Communism_is_Fun View Post

                  You don't know if they're legit or you're assuming watchesfiles is not legit?
                  If they arent a TD then you bear the risk.

                  TD websites change sometimes too, its always best to check in the TD list I showed above, current websites and contact emails are generally updated there if necessary.
                  Last edited by scottiedog; 16-10-20, 17:29.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Communism_is_Fun View Post

                    You don't know if they're legit or you're assuming watchesfiles is not legit?
                    I don't get why you would come to some place like this where they have a multitude of trusted dealers, with a proven track record of delivering high quality pieces, and ask about some random websites. If you choose to order from them best wishes, And please tag me when you post some pictures of what you receive as I would love to know.
                    My wish list:
                    Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post

                      I don't get why you would come to some place like this where they have a multitude of trusted dealers, with a proven track record of delivering high quality pieces, and ask about some random websites. If you choose to order from them best wishes, And please tag me when you post some pictures of what you receive as I would love to know.
                      The issue is none of the TD's had the watches I was looking for. Now I see that scam sites list thousands of different watches in hopes of someone will likely find exactly what they're looking for and order it quickly. Now that I see what they look like they'll be easier to spot.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by scottiedog View Post

                        If they arent a TD then you bear the risk.

                        TD websites change sometimes too, its always best to check in the TD list I showed above, current websites and contact emails are generally updated there if necessary.
                        Yeah thank you. I did get officially scammed by watchesfiles.com (just found out today) for $280... I foolishly and quickly bought an Aquis rep with orange rubber strap - pretty much bought it for the strap. I plan on calling Western Union to report that person is a scammer, not that it'll do any good but potentially WU can ban that person and make it harder for them to scam others (that's my hope anyway).

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Communism_is_Fun View Post

                          Yeah thank you. I did get officially scammed by watchesfiles.com (just found out today) for $280... I foolishly and quickly bought an Aquis rep with orange rubber strap - pretty much bought it for the strap. I plan on calling Western Union to report that person is a scammer, not that it'll do any good but potentially WU can ban that person and make it harder for them to scam others (that's my hope anyway).
                          Are you open to suggestions? Reach out to a couple of the TRUSTED DEALERS here with pictures, links and as much information as possible on what you are looking for and, if it's available, one or more should be able to get it for you. I'm sorry that you are loosing money, and I strongly suggest you pause, take a deep breath and then proceeded in a calculated manor with future purchases. You might also find some satisfaction looking through M2M and buying one from a established member.
                          My wish list:
                          Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

                          Comment


                            #28
                            There's a basic rule, not written anywhere but that is worth keeping in mind : if you email all of the TDs, and none of them is able to get you the watch you are after, it means nobody can get it and anybody who will take your money with the guarantee that he'll get you the watch, is out to scam you.

                            That's a common trick used by those copycat website, they advertise watches that no one else can get so you are drawn to them even if you know that they are not trusted anywhere.

                            I almost fall for it when I began in the replica world, a website had a JLC Reverso Triple calendar complication offered (we are talking extremely complicated >1 million $ watch) and I was about to order it but I checked for reviews and found replica boards.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Communism_is_Fun View Post

                              Wow that's scary $hit...A scam site that masks as rep watch website lol. I was able to have Western Union cancel the transaction (thankfully). still have to pay the initial fee, but oh well.

                              Hey do you guys know where to buy Superocean 44? the previous version with large 6 and 9 on the dial??
                              The best versions of these were indeed made by noob and are not produced anymore, but there is another available, Silix and Perfect Clones has them in stock. It's not as good as the noob version was but if you're willing to live with the flaws it's an alternative. Either that or try and get a hold of a noob when they come up on m2m, but that happens quite rarely.
                              I was after one of these aswell and ended up buying the version that is still available. I made a thread on the watch over on rwg if you're interested, https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...lix-pic-heavy/

                              Edit: and also, please do us all a favor and use the links for the TD's in the TD section, googling is bound to have you end up on a scam site...
                              Last edited by JakD; 20-10-20, 21:28.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by JakD View Post

                                The best versions of these were indeed made by noob and are not produced anymore, but there is another available, Silix and Perfect Clones has them in stock. It's not as good as the noob version was but if you're willing to live with the flaws it's an alternative. Either that or try and get a hold of a noob when they come up on m2m, but that happens quite rarely.
                                I was after one of these aswell and ended up buying the version that is still available. I made a thread on the watch over on rwg if you're interested, https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...lix-pic-heavy/

                                Edit: and also, please do us all a favor and use the links for the TD's in the TD section, googling is bound to have you end up on a scam site...
                                Thank you JakD, that's good information for the OP. Will have a read of your review a bit later, thank you!

                                Communism_is_Fun JakD has found source of the SO

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X