• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I'm in Canada, what TD should I order from?

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 116506 rep. I've read countless threads, and searched on google for "RWI Canada" to see if there is a TD that is better than another for dealing with a Canadian customer. I've checked out Jtime, PureTime, and InTime. After reading the reviews, I have no problem sending any of them a direct payment, I understand the PayPal and credit card restrictions.

Any advice on who to go with?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Most TDs are the same, JTime uses WhatsApp so it might be easier than via emails as is more of a live conversation if you have question.

My advice is to pay the TD by bank transfer as most offer 5% discount where some apply the discount on NET amount, ie after shipping.

Another tip is to use transferwise to pay the direct bank transfer as is lower fees and better FX.

If you have to use PayPal (most TDs don't accept it), I will NOT let PayPal convert to your local currency and pay with a Monzo or Revolut card which offer a better FX. For example I bought a jacket today for €540, PayPal converted to £501 and I when I paid in EUR by revolut it was £479.

Another thing is, I'm not sure which verison of 116506 you are buying, but none in my opinion is worth to pull the trigger yet. The noob has the wrong dial, no individual sunburst on the subidal and wrong SEL. ARF had the sunbursts but the subdials are too thin and the wrong SEL. The A7750 is too thick. I have been waiting for this rep for over 5yrs, I have yet pull the trigger on the latest offerings.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: J3DD

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
Checking in with an update. Right after my above post, I emailed all three dealers. Li and Ryan, of Jtime and InTime respectively, emailed me back promptly to answer questions. I went with JTime for my purchase. I never heard from PureTime.

Looking forward to getting my QC shots, and receiving my order!

Dralkan

Known Member
15/7/20
US - East
I've purchased 4 watches with Li at jTime and I've been thoroughly pleased with the service he has provided me. I highly recommend them!

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Checking in with an update. Right after my above post, I emailed all three dealers. Li and Ryan, of Jtime and InTime respectively, emailed me back promptly to answer questions. I went with JTime for my purchase. I never heard from PureTime.

Looking forward to getting my QC shots, and receiving my order!

Great stuff. Look forward to seeing your new watch. :thumbup:

Last edited: