• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ali express

m4lbich0

Looking Around
27/8/20
Hi everyone

In other forums i´ve read that if you aren´t looking for finest reps, and easy way to get them is through Ali express, highlighting the fact that pieces will be around ~150-200 usd. Recently, I´ve noticed that they are offering models up to 400 usd from severla factorys (N v.10, ARF, ZF, etc.). Has someone bet on this one?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I've seen those higher quality reps advertised on Ali Express and DHGate but they're usually overpriced. You'll get a better deal using our Trusted dealers, including lower prices, QC pictures and in most cases, a refund or free replacement in case of a customs seizure.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
DHGate and Aliexpress are great places to pick up rep goods - of wildly varying quality. The problem always is not knowing exactly what you’ll get. Yes, you might find gen top factory items for sale there, but how can you be sure? That’s the whole reason TDs exist - to remove the element of uncertainty and chance.

A lot of us have had success buying from the Gate and Aliexpress, by sticking to the models that are known to be decent cheapies and not available from TDs. If a TD can get it - get it from a TD!

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
I like a portfolio approach...some TD purchases blended in with DHGate. Taking a little risk once in awhile seems like it makes for a little reward once in a while...and I wasn't really looking for 10 $400-500 watches...but a few plus some at $60 each is a nice average pricing model. So far, so good.

m4lbich0

Looking Around
27/8/20
DHGate and Aliexpress are great places to pick up rep goods - of wildly varying quality. The problem always is not knowing exactly what you’ll get. Yes, you might find gen top factory items for sale there, but how can you be sure? That’s the whole reason TDs exist - to remove the element of uncertainty and chance.

A lot of us have had success buying from the Gate and Aliexpress, by sticking to the models that are known to be decent cheapies and not available from TDs. If a TD can get it - get it from a TD!

This is a very accurate comment; knowing the fact that you have to trust in the porduct that wil be sent, the proce must not be considered as a quality equivalent

Bearmarketrader

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/20
Chicago
I agree with gilrob if you want those factories I would use a trusted dealer. The likelihood you are getting watches from those named (noob, ARF, etc.) factories from ali and dhgate could be slim. I believe that RWI has an AliExpress section you may want to sniff around there and see if anyone over there knows more though.

rek00001

Known Member
24/4/13
I troll DhGate for fun sometimes, the U1 factory reps are pretty decent.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
DH has a wide range from Canal Street Shitty rep till High End overpriced....Sometimes you get a great piece for good money.

U1 is good, but for some reps there are better makers. And a lot of U1 stated reps on DH are fake U1 - they only place a Hang Tag on the pic...