• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF and ARF vs. Swisstime or Solidswiss

CJS57

7/9/20
I will be a First time buyer from an overseas TD. Planning on an ARF Datejust and a ZZF Sub from Puretime. I do have 2 brand new but very basic Rolex Datejust reps purchased a few years back from a local flea market. $150 each with "you get what you pay for quality". Sill I like them and wear them. But I want to upgrade to ZZF quality. The Swiss companies look good too. Plus they claim to be waterproof for swimming at least. Any suggestions are appreciated on whether the $1350 cost of the Swiss reps are worth it over the $500 for the Chinese?

FoxWilde

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/18
There are no Swiss makers. Only Asian. Those two sites are scammers. Buy safe and check out TD (trusted dealers) like this one.
trustytime.asia
Don’t spend more than what is due just because the marketing.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I do have 2 brand new but very basic Rolex Datejust reps purchased [for] $150 each with "you get what you pay for quality".

Dude, those are not 'you get what you pay for' quality.

Those monstrosities are 'I overpaid by 700%' quality!

I think they might be the new worst versions I've ever seen! You're going to be blown away by the quality difference you're about to buy. Good luck.

Reactions: Katarsis

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It cannot be stressed enough, so in case the first two replies haven't quite convinced you... The rep sites with "Swiss" in their names are SCAMS. Use the link at the top of the page to the RWI Trusted Dealers section when you want to buy, and before that, use the rest of the forums to immerse yourself in the wonderful world of reps and the even wonderfuller people who own them.

Bigd22

29/8/20
I’m a long time lurker. Please don’t buy right now. An often repeated mantra on this site is “you need to read and do your own research.” This at first can be off putting I understand. What you need to understand is that this is a hobby with a lot of variables. A lot. There are many pitfalls as well. My guess is you have started researching “best Rolex replica”. This has in turn led you down the plausible but totally BS rabbit hole of a Swiss replica. They. dont. Exist. Guys on here have been doing this thing for years if not decades.

keep reading and researching here. Your still just in the beginnings of the hunt.

Plus read the reviews on these two sites. Horrible.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I will be a First time buyer from an overseas TD. Planning on an ARF Datejust and a ZZF Sub from Puretime. I do have 2 brand new but very basic Rolex Datejust reps purchased a few years back from a local flea market. $150 each with "you get what you pay for quality". Sill I like them and wear them. But I want to upgrade to ZZF quality. The Swiss companies look good too. Plus they claim to be waterproof for swimming at least. Any suggestions are appreciated on whether the $1350 cost of the Swiss reps are worth it over the $500 for the Chinese?

Not to be mean but you overpaid by about $149 on each of those. those are both horrendous. I didn't know they made that bad of copies anymore. The websites that you refer to are known scam sites. Just think about this for a second do you really believe that they have Rolex factory workers working after hours assembling their watches in Switzerland? Using special nanoparticles that not even the Swiss use to make their movements run? The watches pictured on that website are genuine watches not ones that you'll actually receive. Stick with the trusted dealers and the member to member section here.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The Swiss companies look good too. Plus they claim to be waterproof for swimming at least.

giphy.gif

CJS57

7/9/20
Ok Thanks for the helpful info. I get it now, there is No Swiss only Asian. By the way I have researched for days and days right here about my ZZF and ARF choices from Puretime before posting so I feel very confident about those choices. I Still don't get the movement nuances but seems like the 2824 is more reliable than the 3135? I don't care about it being original inside. Just want it to look and feel wonderful outside and last a long time on the inside. By the way I am a gun dealer and collector with 1000's of posts on gun forums so I know how much fun it is to ha-ha the newbie! I can re-sell those bad quality watches local and honest so I really don't care about that. The school of hard knocks is not free. But thanks again and I sure would like to know just how bad the 3135 type of movement is?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
If I were you I'd consider holding off on the Sub purchase for a few weeks. VRF are releasing some (sometimes under the RXF banner), ZZF are bringing a new one, Noob have a new one - you might buy the (admittedly excellent) ZZF just to find there's a better/cheaper one available? Fuck it, buy it - you could always flip it.

FoxWilde

22/12/18
That’s a good question. By the way, ZZF and ARF factory subs have a lot of documentation. They’re both solid watches, it just depends on what flaws you can live with.
There are several 3135 clones out there, and here is my two cents.

SA3135 = avoid. It’s the one that has given 3135 clones a bad rep. Can NOT take gen parts. NOOB, BP and some other brands use this.

SH3135 = the first generation of Rolex clones. True clones. Pretty good IMO. common on ARF models. Have bad date fonts, very thick. Many will put new datewheels on them. Get them serviced too. Takes some gen parts

VR3135 = VR Factory’s clone. Improved true clone, more of a second gen clone. Newer than the SH3135. ZZF’s Submariner uses this, along with VRF models. Very reliable, I would recommend. Also get them serviced. Takes many gen parts.

VS3135 = VSF’s clone. Not on the market yet. Claimed to be better than the VR3135. Who knows, not me.

ETA clones will be good for budget subs. Correct bph, lots of parts out there to keep it repaired and serviced. 2836 subs have different case shapes than gen. It’s a personal preference at this point.

Reactions: tripdog

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
There are horologist here who can swap out the Asian clone movement for real eta movement. check out the tech section and watchsmith/horologist section here on RWI

CJS57

7/9/20
Thank you GingerBubba! I will be holding off a few weeks anyway, going to the Cape soon. And FoxWilde great info on the movements, again thanks! Kavorca1 nice to know. At this stage of my rep collecting I just want to get it and wear it as is.

Tribefan

15/11/19
CJS57;n9242621 At this stage of my rep collecting I just want to get it and wear it as is. [/QUOTE said:
New V6F looks pretty nice. 904, all the details are right, $368. Only downside is 2824 movement, which is really only a downside if you are looking to do a franken build. If you ever get to that point, there will probably be a new and improved something or another that you'll want to use as a base anyways.