Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coustoms called, need some advice

Hi.
    I ordered a watch from Intime that is now sent with DHL.
    Today i got called from DHL who called on behalf of Norwegian customs.

They wondered what the package was because the papers from the sender was of " poor quality" and they didnt know what this was. They then wanted me to send them some kind of payment confirmation.

The package havent even left Saudi arabia yet.

Any advice on this one ?

Thanks

Generally, the advice would suggest ignoring such requests/emails, as it is a telltale sign item of seizure, but anyone is welcome to correct.

I advise you to contact the InTime and explain this to them.
    It's not a sin to get knocked down; it's a sin to stay down.

Comment

That is what i was thinking aswell, but then they will for sure stop it in customs and have a look at it.
      Anyways i have emailed the TD, and maybe they can provide some new papers.

Thanks for your advice.
      Last edited by Mariosa; 01-09-20, 11:48.

Comment

If i have posted this one in the wrong place, pardon me and feel free to move it.

Comment

Let your TD know right away, they will help you through the process. As mentioned above, don't respond yet and wait. Either it gets inspected (and seized or they let it go chances of which are unlikely) or they officially (in writing) ask for customs duty to be paid. If the amount is too high, refuse and act like you have no knowledge about the package and its source. Also, if packages get seized, TDs will send you a replacement.

Comment

Why would Norwegian customs care about a parcel that's in Saudi Arabia? They only take initiative once it reaches their hands.

Comment

I have no idea, it sounds pretty advanced when they know before, it have even left the orgin country.. Maybe they get the information in advanced, and DHL have to tell if there is packages with unconfirmed content?
              Last edited by Mariosa; 01-09-20, 16:24.

Comment

Ryan and intime is providing good and rapid help. Sent me an invoice i could send the customs So hopefully that will do it!
                Last edited by Mariosa; 02-09-20, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariosa View Post
                  Ryan and intime is providing good and rapid help. Sent me an invoice i could send the customs So hopefully that will do it!
                  Sounds good. Keep us posted. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFin View Post
                    Why would Norwegian customs care about a parcel that's in Saudi Arabia? They only take initiative once it reaches their hands.
                    DHL/FedEx have their agents who pre-submit packages for clearance in destination countries (paperwork is presented even before package reaches destination). That's how all my reps have arrived in the CONUS. This fast tracks the movement of the package through their carriers. If you look at tracking information on DHL or FedEx site, you will see this info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariosa View Post
                      That is excellent news, keep us in the loop please, GL!
                      It's not a sin to get knocked down; it's a sin to stay down.

Comment

How did it go?
                        Hvordan gikk det?

Comment

Originally posted by srhoque View Post
                          DHL/FedEx have their agents who pre-submit packages for clearance in destination countries
                          srhoque Will this say that its normal prosedure? I thought right away that customs had "redflagged" my package and that it was very unormal to get a call like this..

Comment

Originally posted by diamant View Post
                            How did it go?
                            Hvordan gikk det?
                            I have just sent DHL the invoice i got from Ryan now. That one does not say anything about a replica, but rather an bracelet for a lesser amont of money.

Comment

still waiting for my parcel to be, resent after customs in denmark rejected my forged receipt, and they asked for either bank transaction or order confirmation as proof, i told them i only had that receipt so they sent it back to china, this is 3 weeks ago, i was also surprised how DHL asked for documentation before it even arrived in germany where the parcel arrives first. obv frustrating but better it gets resent rather than destroyed in customs :/

Comment

Working...
                              X