• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Coustoms called, need some advice

Mariosa

Horology Curious
13/8/20
Hi.
I ordered a watch from Intime that is now sent with DHL.
Today i got called from DHL who called on behalf of Norwegian customs.

They wondered what the package was because the papers from the sender was of " poor quality" and they didnt know what this was. They then wanted me to send them some kind of payment confirmation.

The package havent even left Saudi arabia yet.

Any advice on this one ?

Thanks

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
Generally, the advice would suggest ignoring such requests/emails, as it is a telltale sign item of seizure, but anyone is welcome to correct.

I advise you to contact the InTime and explain this to them.

Reactions: Mariosa

Mariosa

Horology Curious
13/8/20
That is what i was thinking aswell, but then they will for sure stop it in customs and have a look at it.
Anyways i have emailed the TD, and maybe they can provide some new papers.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:

Mariosa

Horology Curious
13/8/20
If i have posted this one in the wrong place, pardon me and feel free to move it. :)

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Let your TD know right away, they will help you through the process. As mentioned above, don't respond yet and wait. Either it gets inspected (and seized or they let it go chances of which are unlikely) or they officially (in writing) ask for customs duty to be paid. If the amount is too high, refuse and act like you have no knowledge about the package and its source. Also, if packages get seized, TDs will send you a replacement.

Reactions: Mariosa

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Why would Norwegian customs care about a parcel that's in Saudi Arabia? They only take initiative once it reaches their hands.

Mariosa

Horology Curious
13/8/20
I have no idea, it sounds pretty advanced when they know before, it have even left the orgin country.. Maybe they get the information in advanced, and DHL have to tell if there is packages with unconfirmed content?

Last edited:

Mariosa

Horology Curious
13/8/20
Ryan and intime is providing good and rapid help. Sent me an invoice i could send the customs :) So hopefully that will do it!

Last edited:
Reactions: gilrob

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Why would Norwegian customs care about a parcel that's in Saudi Arabia? They only take initiative once it reaches their hands.

DHL/FedEx have their agents who pre-submit packages for clearance in destination countries (paperwork is presented even before package reaches destination). That's how all my reps have arrived in the CONUS. This fast tracks the movement of the package through their carriers. If you look at tracking information on DHL or FedEx site, you will see this info.

Reactions: Rol.exe

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
How did it go?
Hvordan gikk det? :)

Mariosa

Horology Curious
13/8/20
DHL/FedEx have their agents who pre-submit packages for clearance in destination countries

srhoque Will this say that its normal prosedure? I thought right away that customs had "redflagged" my package and that it was very unormal to get a call like this..

Mariosa

Horology Curious
13/8/20
How did it go?
Hvordan gikk det? :)

I have just sent DHL the invoice i got from Ryan now. That one does not say anything about a replica, but rather an bracelet for a lesser amont of money.

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
still waiting for my parcel to be, resent after customs in denmark rejected my forged receipt, and they asked for either bank transaction or order confirmation as proof, i told them i only had that receipt so they sent it back to china, this is 3 weeks ago, i was also surprised how DHL asked for documentation before it even arrived in germany where the parcel arrives first. obv frustrating but better it gets resent rather than destroyed in customs :/

Mariosa

Horology Curious
13/8/20
exacten That sounds like pretty much my story.. Im just thinking, wouldent it be better to send it off like an airmail, like the things you buy from wish and so on ?
I have never had any trouble with any of packages from wish, but with DHL it seems like its customtroubles right away. Just a tought.

Reactions: enduser

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
exacten That sounds like pretty much my story.. Im just thinking, wouldent it be better to send it off like an airmail, like the things you buy from wish and so on ?
I have never had any trouble with any of packages from wish, but with DHL it seems like its customtroubles right away. Just a tought.

ye i had the same exact theory, because i order shit from aliexpress and dhgate and dont have the same issue, first parcel i ordered where i recieved from DHL express i paid like 300-400 danish krones which i could live with, but this time they wanted documentation very annoying. with airmail the package would take longer ofc, but if its less trouble worth it.

Mariosa

Horology Curious
13/8/20
Got a new mail from DHL today.
They said that the invoice i got from TD is the same that was following the package and was of poor quality.
They also claim that the content of the package doesnt match the value of the invoice(21usd) , so they still want me to send a paymentconfirmation...
Seems like this is pretty hopeless, cause i cant send them a paymentconfirmation, as it would just state its a replica.

Will update the TD and just hope DHL sends it back to the sender then.

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Got a new mail from DHL today. [...] they still want me to send a paymentconfirmation...
You would actually admit that you ordered and expected this parcel. Let them know you have no idea where this is coming from so it's sent back.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Got a new mail from DHL today.
They said that the invoice i got from TD is the same that was following the package and was of poor quality.
They also claim that the content of the package doesnt match the value of the invoice(21usd) , so they still want me to send a paymentconfirmation...
Seems like this is pretty hopeless, cause i cant send them a paymentconfirmation, as it would just state its a replica.

Will update the TD and just hope DHL sends it back to the sender then.

Photoshop a different product text?

Reactions: freediver