• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Coustoms called, need some advice

NETGLW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/20
Got a new mail from DHL today.
They said that the invoice i got from TD is the same that was following the package and was of poor quality.
They also claim that the content of the package doesnt match the value of the invoice(21usd) , so they still want me to send a paymentconfirmation...
Seems like this is pretty hopeless, cause i cant send them a paymentconfirmation, as it would just state its a replica.

Will update the TD and just hope DHL sends it back to the sender then.

something similar happened with a person from fashionreps, in germany though, they sent dhl a fake invoice they declined and just opened it to check.. everything went south for them.. faking documents to customs, lying to government by sending fakes documents, avoiding tax because of fake documents, smuggling in counterfeit product, etc etc.. same charge as if u smuggled in drugs really.. counterfeit products are not fun to play around with.. adidas also went in on them.. no idea what happened to that guy in the end but he didnt reply back on the forums, i really hope this doesnt happen to you but by sending the fake documents to them you are already in a dangerous position.. good luck mate and let us know how it goes please

Reactions: pompompurin

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
Not been in the forums for long but I'm definitely seeing a trend whereby shipping watches via DHL presents a greater risk than using the standard EMS federated postal services available in each county. Am I correct in sensing the trend and if so what experience do people have with other regions (i.e. Asia v Europe v USA?

Last edited:

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Dhl, USA here. Never had a package seized and will continue to use it no matter what.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Not been in the forums for long but I'm definitely seeing a trend whereby shipping watches via DHL presents a greater risk than using the standard EMS federated postal services available in each county. Am I correct in sensing the trend and if so what experience do people have with other regions (i.e. Asia v Europe v USA?

It's a thing very well known by all senior members here, DHL is prone to seizure in almost every part of the world. Some people get away because in regards to the vast amount of packages they deal, seizure are not that common, but if you compare the rate of DHL issues with other shipping services, they are much higher.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
It's a thing very well known by all senior members here, DHL is prone to seizure in almost every part of the world. Some people get away because in regards to the vast amount of packages they deal, seizure are not that common, but if you compare the rate of DHL issues with other shipping services, they are much higher.

Yup. A lot of TDs will not use DHL. I typically order my watches from mary and she will not use DHL for this exact reason. She told me that DHL parcels get seized a lot more than any other shipping agencies.

She uses another service that costs a bit but will get it to you in about 2 weeks. Never had any issues with whatever shipping agency they use. I forgot the bane but it’s some new agency according to her.

As for the customs issue. I would definitely say that I don’t know what it is and I did not order anything from China. If you sent them the invoice, you’re pretty much SOL. you can say you bought what you thought was an homage watch and you didn’t know it was a fake Rolex or whatever.

Good luck man. I would not admit to anything that has anything to do with fakes or reps. I would just say I have no idea what you’re talking about or if you sent them the invoice, say you bought a homage piece or in this case, you bought a sterile bracelet and you don’t know what anything about the watch. Customs most likely have already opened it, knows what it is and is basically trying to get you to admit to importing counterfeit goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicyboy

Looking Around
15/9/20
Im not seeing the original thread, am I missing something? Granted I just joined these forums like 10 minutes ago...

Jungman

4/9/19
Scandinavia
So I have been there too. I got the watch, but that included a fake invoice for around 100$ and photoshop. It costed me 50€ in tax and some handling fees, but I got the watch as soon as they got what they wanted. In this case some money to the tax office.

Last edited:

Jungman

4/9/19
Scandinavia
But the watch did not stop in any countries other for change plane or similar. That's strange.
did you use triangle shipping?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I’m also from Scandinavia and I’ve experienced similar with DHL. They want receipt and/or payment confirmation before the item arrives as the custom declaration starts before arrival to the country, when the goods are coming from outside EU.

It ends being a 25-30% increase in the cost of the watch.

They normally don’t seize it if you provide documentation. And if you don’t they’ll send it back. Usually.

To lower the paid fee I’ve done this:

Usually I never want to use DHL but if that’s the only option I got the TD to make me an invoice for a lower amount without stating rep in the text. It usually just says watch and some reference number in the item description.

Then I transfer that amount separately and the rest separately. In that way I can show both a receipt of that amount and a payment confirmation on the same amount.

Jungman OP can’t use triangle shipping as he lives in Norway and they are not part of EU.

The point of triangle shipping is to let the package arrive in a EU country where they don’t usually are strict with putting customs on the package (UK, Spain, NL) and then send it on to the next EU country, where customs are strict. In the destination country they’ll not put customs on it as it’s already cleared in the first EU country. Thereby lowering the risk for seizure/paying custom etc to a very minimum.

As Norway is not part of EU they check every package arriving into Norway. Because Norwegians don’t pay VAT when buying things from EU and have to pay Norwegian VAT.

If you live in Norway you’ll have these problems now and then. More pronounced when using DHL because they have more customs personnel and procedures for checking these things in most countries.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Mariosa OP my advice:
Don’t forge documents. Just show them the bank transfer (if it doesn’t directly state rep). Then they won’t open the package. You’ll just have to pay the customs and it will be cleared.

Otherwise let them send the package back. And get the TD to re-send it to you not using DHL.