Canadian Customs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Customs

I'm a new member who is considering getting a AP rep from one of the TDs. This forum has been great to read up on things.

I've looked through the search bar for Canadian Customs related issues and I can't really identify many.

In the rare case a seizure is made or customs asks for a duty fee on the import, can you just forfeit the rep with no further consequences?

Importing reps into Canada for personal use is rarely if ever an issue. If it gets sized just do nothing, when the letter arrives copy it and email the dealer.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Thanks. That approach makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post
        Importing reps into Canada for personal use is rarely if ever an issue. If it gets sized just do nothing, when the letter arrives copy it and email the dealer.

exactly

Comment

Originally posted by reprep2019 View Post
          I've looked through the search bar for Canadian Customs related issues and I can't really identify many.
          An Internet search found this related article from the CBC dated March 2018. Canadian law prohibits importing counterfeit goods and "requires brand owners to file lawsuits even in uncontested seizures — a process that can be expensive". The article also says that brand owners "need to file paperwork known as an RFA, or request for assistance. But goods must be released within three days, and the RFA filing process takes between four and six weeks."

Hope this sheds some light on your buying decisions!

Comment

Working...
          X