• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How long is reasonable to wait for QC photos? Order timing question.

blwd01

Looking Around
18/6/20
I placed and paid for an order with InTimeWatches on 18 June 2020, as of 7 July I had not received any QC photos or notification on my order, I sent an e-mail asking the status. I received a reply on 8 July that the factory had not sent the watch. It is now 14 July, is it reasonable to ask for an update or is there any type of holiday that could cause the delay or anything other than Covid? As this is my first purchase I don't want to annoy the seller, but I also don't want to be too passive if I should be contacting the seller.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks ~ Katie

NotSoHonestAbe

Certified
29/3/18
patience is key. 2 weeks isn't necessarily an unreasonable wait for QC photos. TDs don't keep stock on hand, and they probably wouldn't be annoyed by an email asking for an update. You are a paying customer after all.

blwd01

Looking Around
18/6/20
patience is key. 2 weeks isn't necessarily an unreasonable wait for QC photos. TDs don't keep stock on hand, and they probably wouldn't be annoyed by an email asking for an update. You are a paying customer after all.

Thank you! I will be patient.

RamTab

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/7/19
Yes, patience is key. I just received my QC pics last Friday. I placed the order about 3 and a half weeks ago. I emailed the TD after 2 weeks and they said that they were waiting on the factory to deliver. You'll get it when you get it. Make sure to post a pic too when you get the watch.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Nowadays 2 weeks wait is pretty normal. Used to be much faster in the past though.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Crazy.. must be the brands of reps you guys are getting..
It Hasn’t taken any more than 5 days for me.
...Well, when I turned down a watch, it took a week to get the next round of qc photos... so who knows..
I don’t have a lot of experience, but in my Limited experience 2 weeks is a long wait... trustytime, Intime supermirrors, trustytime and supermirrors. My 5 orders in order...

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
It's hard to relax especially when its the first rep. I think most of us had this at the beginning :D
But like said, if you buy from a TD you can relax. Sometimes they sort watches out for you, waiting for new batch and so on...

Sometimes it needs 1Day sometime 1-2 Weeks or longer. But after 7days its legit to ask for news.

Only thing what is not so good, to write several emails few times a day lol

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have ordered dozens if watches from a bunch of the TD's and my general rule of thumb is to wait about a week between requests for an update.. when I do ask, I send a quick note that is very short and to the point. Something like:

Hi xxxxx,
Could you please update me with status of my order for the xxxxxx,
Thanks,

I totally get it that it is tempting to think this works like Amazon, especially on your 1st order, but it is about the opposite. If you use a TD expext to get the correct watch, but at the same time expect it to take several weeks at minimum and up to a couple months from start to finish.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Oh by the way,

Once it is shipped and you have the tracking #'s I wouldn't bother the TD for a minimum of a month. NOT kidding.... it has gotten a bit better in the last few weeks, but shipping and tracking from China is a joke

Last edited: