• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Rolex Explorer II

GMTfn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/20
Hello,

I have been looking at Noob's 42mm Explorer II w/A3187 CHS
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...and-stack.html I'm ready to place the order but the hour markers look silver to me on their website, I asked them via email and they sent me a couple more pics for me to judge, but again it is very hard to tell (they didn't say if the marker had a black or silver edge). I'm hoping that someone who has purchased this specific version can help me by letting me know if indeed the markers are silver or black edge on this version.

I've seen some reviews here but could not tell which version of the Noob watch they refer to.

Thanks!

Last edited:

thepretender365

9/8/16
I've been looking at the same and ordered from Puretime - but have cancelled as the A3186/7 movements are apparently a ticking timebomb and will break at a moments notice.
Simply trying to keep them safe is hard enough with very specific requirements when winding.

I don't need that kind of headache!

Reactions: GMTfn

GMTfn

10/6/20
Thanks, in that case I will seek a different version

thepretender365

9/8/16
The IHCS version runs on a more reliable movement if you can put up with the hands being stacked incorrectly. No one will notice unless up close - but it comes down to personal preference.
Or wait until its fixed - but even genuine 3186 movements have issues in that dept so you could be waiting a bit!

GMTfn

10/6/20
True, I guess the ICHS is not the big of an issue as long as the movmt is more reliable