• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help our friend here to not get called out wearing a Rolex replica by "rolex fakebusters"

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
OP if you live a luxurious lifestyle then get a gen!

Anyone in theory has enough money buy a gen but even the gen will look fake on somebody who isn’t spending dough at the bar, has a dope spot, etc.

if there ever was a rep that gave me all the details and aesthetic of a gen I’d get it over gen to save money. The allure of this hobby for me is seeing the reps progress in the hopes they will get perfect (with the help of Frankening). But knowing it won’t actually happen is part of it as well

new-to-the-game

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/20
it is not that I want a rolex, just because it is a rolex, and that I will show It off. I think that would be very weird to do, when it's not real. even if it is real just showing off a watch, makes no sense. that is not why I want one. I want one, because I want watch that suits my style, and instead of having a empty wrist, I would want the best Rolex I could get on the market - not a specific model, a few I want to avoid, but I like the most.

Not sure why you're getting so much heat in this flamefree zone. But I can understand that we all have our own reasons to buy a rep.

I've got some friends who buy both the gen and the rep and wear the one suitable for the occasion. Getting robbed is a real threat in a lot of places, so sometimes it's sensible to be able to just give up the watch then get into drama, and insurance doesn't always come off. I've seen it quite common to talk about it openly. Or even using reps as a way to 'test drive' with your style before you buy the gen.

I think the quality of the current black submariners is close enough to gen that it can suit your needs. Super versatile look as it goes with everything. I think Daytona's are so hot with prices that it may attract more scrutiny.