• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help our friend here to not get called out wearing a Rolex replica by "rolex fakebusters"

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I didn't try to be rude or anything like that, I have done research and also found out that the ZZF V2 is the best. the only thing I am asking, is which based of the best reps made is the best rolex buy in terms of accuracy to the gen. I am not asking specificly for the submariner, but in general what rolex would be the best to go for.

Buy a vintage datejust. Should be only 2 or 3 grand. Timeless class

It sounds like you have too much to lose by risking it with a replica. There’s always a chance you’ll get called out by your associates if they post watches to dedicated fake buster fb groups.

I think you are looking for a unicorn: a rep that is indistinguishable from gen even when scrutinised by experts under hi res pics. If you find that unicorn, please let us know because we’ve all been searching for years!

Last edited:

tczao

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/20
Thanks DR Russell, is there any watch you would recommend me?

Nivka. thanks but vintage is not really me...

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Timex, Seiko, Casio, Movado, swatch,Invicta, bulova,fossil,citizen......endless amounts of real authentic genuine watch brands.

tczao

12/4/20
As Said. I am able to afford a real Rolex watch, their is just endess reasons i do not want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoxWilde

22/12/18
What about Steinhart or other brands that homage to Rolex brands that aren’t counterfeits? Dodge all bullets with that.
otherwise, there’s no real solution to your predicament OP

James2020

1/6/20
As Said. I am able to afford a real Rolex watch, their is just endess reasons i do not want to.

if you are able to afford the gen, then go get one. You can’t have your cake and eat it it because reps will always have flaws and issues.

I hope you are aware that your country’s customs may confiscate the watch and the watch may never reach you.... Once confiscated, your country’s customs may issue you a fine if they suspect it’s a counterfeit. Will you be worried if your country’s customs issue you a fine and demand for your particulars?

Even if a particular model is regard the best rep, the watch which reaches you may still have problems because of factory QC issues or damaged during freight. Some reps stopped working within a few days upon arrival. if your rep watch suddenly stops working, will you freak out?

The fact that you are afraid of being called out and that it affects your reputation which is big priority to you, my advice is owning a rep is NOT for you. Like what some members have suggested, go buy a genuine, whether used or new. If you think gen Rolex is not worth buying, then don’t buy it and be happy with your life.

I can’t emphasize it enough: you can’t have your cake and eat it. And you have to pay to play, whether rep or gen.

Last edited:

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
tczao one aspect you have not considered: I think that any and every rolex I see is a fake, especially the subs and similar. I am not unique, so there will be many others who think thusly. So, suppose you shell the bucks and buy a gen, there will still be some amongst your friends who will "silently think" fake. And if they are like me, they will just assume "the fella is a dealer in fake goods".

If this doesnt bother you, just dont stress about the matter. Buy what you like and be done with it.

8Eighty8

3/5/20
I Understand you Indonesian,i also know a friend made a lot on his hulk ,and batman when they suddenly increased.
1. one of the other following reasons is I have been robbed before, and I rather want to lose 500$ then 10.000$,
2. I do still care if the watch get scratches of course, but it will not hurt as much, as if it were a gen.
3. I know It can't be the exact same, I just don't want anything obviously to spot when someone wearing the same watch as me.

The solution to all your problems listed are to buy a gen stainless steel Rolex and buy insurance! 1) If you're afraid of getting robbed then the insurance will protect you. I have basic insurance coverage that will cover up to $30K for theft etc.
2) if your watch is stainless steel a polish will remove the scratches.
3) since you're so worried about being called out just no point buying a rep. Like everyone has said before there isn't a perfect one.

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
You don’t have too many options, I suggest to buy the rep you like and if you do get called out, just be sure to have the Same in Gen in you Safe, just to show anyone (friends) you’re only using the fake for security reasons. You get a nice investment and avoid your worries.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

There are guys like you posting here time to time who say exactly the same thing they can easily afford it, it takes their business to next level, friends all have gens, they're in IG, FB but they are smart with their money bla bla bla. One guy stated if he invested 8k in other areas he could easily double it in 2 weeks. He went silent after a suggestion to do exactly that and buy the gen after those 2 weeks and have both a gen and 8k in the bank at the same time. Basically you can't afford it that's why you are here it's like copy paste every time. Affording ain't exactly the case if I take my bank account to zero I could easily buy it.

For most gen looking and safe option OTB go with ZZF v2 no-date. The latest batches should have some minor mistakes corrected as well so it may even survive some good fake busting from a correct angle.

IMG-1801.jpg

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Buying a rep to flex with, or fit in with other people is the wrong reason to buy a rep

It’s also the wrong reason to buy a gen, even if it is often many people’s only reason.

A gen costs the same as a 6 year old Volkswagen. Every adult can afford to buy one.

There are millions of people who can afford a gen, but choose not to wear any watch at all. So you should just forget it and move on.

Last edited:

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
There are guys like you posting here time to time who say exactly the same thing they can easily afford it, it takes their business to next level, friends all have gens, they're in IG, FB but they are smart with their money bla bla bla. One guy stated if he invested 8k in other areas he could easily double it in 2 weeks. He went silent after a suggestion to do exactly that and buy the gen after those 2 weeks and have both a gen and 8k in the bank at the same time. Basically you can't afford it that's why you are here it's like copy paste every time. Affording ain't exactly the case if I take my bank account to zero I could easily buy it.

For most gen looking and safe option OTB go with ZZF v2 no-date. The latest batches should have some minor mistakes corrected as well so it may even survive some good fake busting from a correct angle.

IMG-1801.jpg

Very well said. It's funny how many folk come around with a similar story, as if they're reading from the same script.

"If you can't buy it twice, you can't afford it"

Btw, that ZZF looks awesome! I'm going to order one once I get my Noob Daytona. ZZF will be a nice upgrade from my Noob V7.

Reactions: Kalev007

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Buying a rep to flex with, or fit in with other people is the wrong reason to buy a rep

It’s also the wrong reason to buy a gen, even if it is often many people’s only reason.

A gen costs the same as a 6 year old Volkswagen. Every adult can afford to buy one.

There are millions of people who can afford a gen, but choose not to wear any watch at all. So you should just forget it and move on.

wrong reason for who ?

wrong reason for you ? well cant argue there ...

Reactions: kentuckywatchguy

Boj@n

Horology Curious
in that industry I am well known, and have a good reputation, as I sell a lot of authentic stuff and done it for years.
I looked into watches, and wanted a rolex, but I do not want to spend that much on an watch

Ok so if you have all this money and you want rolex why not just buy gen? Why bang your head over what your friends will say if you have money to buy gen? This seems more like first world problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ultimately, if you are afraid to be called out and it would have real world reprocussions, best to either not proceed, have both a genuine and fake for daily use to mitigate the concern of damage and theft, or look towards other NWBIG models and brands which would not draw attention to being a replica. I choose the latter because as said, the first question most ask when they see a Rolex is....is it real or fake. Look to vintage models like a 16800, etc. IMHO, they are a better buy. Price is more reasonable, they are lighter and more comfortable, and since they are old And used, a few more scratches won't freak you out. you can find high end builds with mostly genuine components also, usually costing around half if the genuine and the tells are mostly eliminated and most will stand up to even. Most of these will survive a look by fake watch busta.
My 16800
IMG_20200209_163025f69f7080714f4962.jpg

I still say avoid Rolex reps in your case.

Reactions: Ecender

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
The reality is, he may have a lot of money in his country....but in the world of fashion....hes poor and can't afford a gen Rolex. He prob lives in his moms basement and the "friends" he talks about....his Barbie collection....dude, just buy a Casio and be done with it..or even better...a sundial...its in your price range (free)