• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help our friend here to not get called out wearing a Rolex replica by "rolex fakebusters"

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Please help our friend here to not get called out wearing a Rolex replica by "rolex fakebusters"

hey all,

tczao reached out to me saying the following:
Edit, PM removed
Can we help him out here? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
hey all,

tczao reached out to me saying the following:

"I want to buy my first Rep watch, and looking into rolex.
I own a lot of retail stuff, and in a circle of friends who wears lots of retail as well including Rolex, Patek etc.
I want a watch that I am not able to be called out on, one of them is working in a jewellery store, but more likely if they post a legit check on my watch in a Facebook group called "rolex fakebusters" which some of them might do, I don't want it to be a watch that they can tell, and there is a lot of expirenced guys inside that group that knows most about rolex. I saw the review you made about the Rolex Submariner v2, is that the go to in your opinion to not be called out, or what are your thoughts? I Really like the design of rolex, I just can't afford it and would be very embarrassed to be called out."

Can we help him out here? Thanks

It's part of the hobby. If you get called out where your friend gets called out just tell him save $9,000 and have the same bang-for-the-buck that he does. I used to tell him you were foolish to spend 10 grand on a watch then I give them mine to look at and the painful look on their face says it all

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Got the same PM. tczao this is not how things work here. Please educate yourself by reading and searching the forum. If you wan't a rep that can't be called out, you just won't and even if you did you'd always be stressed out that someone can call you out. So do yourself a favor and just don't do it unless you;re prepared to tell people that you're wearing a rep.

Reactions: DR Russell

Tobel

6/7/17
It's part of the hobby. If you get called out where your friend gets called out just tell him save $9,000 and have the same bang-for-the-buck that he does. I used to tell him you were foolish to spend 10 grand on a watch then I give them mine to look at and the painful look on their face says it all

yes but no. Rep is rep and gen is gen. Like many here I like both, but for different reasons. A rep will never replace a gen, period. If you friends who own gen don't understand that, then they know nothing about watches.

tczao

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/20
I think you misunderstood me, or that I did not explained it good enough.
when I say circle of friends, I mean that i have lots of friends owning a real rolex.
by myself I own a lot of stuff that not all are able to afford, designer clothing worth well over a price of an sub.
in that industry I am well known, and have a good reputation, as I sell a lot of authentic stuff and done it for years.
I looked into watches, and wanted a rolex, but I do not want to spend that much on an watch.
the only reason that I am not going to tell that my watch is an replica is.
if we pretend you are going to buy something of me, and you then saw that I was wearing a fake watch (if you are not into the replica game) then you would think bad about this seller, and do not look professional in front of others eyes. I am able to afford a gen rolex if I really need to, but I rather want to spend them on something else.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
when I say circle of friends, I mean that i have lots of friends owning a real rolex.
by myself I own a lot of stuff that not all are able to afford, designer clothing worth well over a price of an sub.
in that industry I am well known, and have a good reputation, as I sell a lot of authentic stuff and done it for years.
I looked into watches, and wanted a rolex, but I do not want to spend that much on an watch.
if we pretend you are going to buy something of me, and you then saw that I was wearing a fake watch (if you are not into the replica game) then you would think bad about this seller, and do not look professional in front of others eyes. I am able to afford a gen rolex if I really need to, but I rather want to spend them on something else.

Get a used Grand Seiko, they are admired and respected at about half the price of their peers. I just sold my sbgh269 Autumn GS because I do not find my self in formal situations much and more outdoors activities. I sold it at 5800 usd to get in the hands of a man in much the same situation as.you. He loves the watch, what more.can I ask?

Tobel

6/7/17

you're thinking of buying a rep for the wrong reasons. If you like rolex and can afford it then just buy one. You will never lose money as their price increase. If you don't want to spend that money, buy another gen of a different brand, be original. As mentioned above buy a Seiko, or a Tudor or a panerai or a Seven Friday, or an old omega to get the vintage look. Everyone's got a rolex these days anyway so take this opportunity to be different. Otherwise, be prepared to be called out

tczao

12/4/20
I looked at seiko watches already, but it is just that I have a thing for rolex. I like AP, and Patek as well, but that indeed would not unrealistic spending 80.000$ on Patek watch example
Rolex Sub, Daytona, GMT master etc. would fit me perfectly, and I like the design a lot I just want one which is very very hard to be called on. I am well aware that rep is perfect compared to retail, but I do know there is very good replicas out there. I been looking on the ZZF v2 REF 114060 on this subreddit (https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...393323-zzf-ref-114060-v2-vs-gen-honset-review) and consider this.

Reactions: FoxWilde

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
even a high valued franken can be called out in hi-res pics.

What you are asking in not possible, except if taking pics of the gen dial only for example

tczao

12/4/20
I am not talking picture of every inch of the watch, just when people checking it, based on a few pictures, maybe one wrist shot, then a few pictures around the watch, not taking the watch of taking loads of pictures, doesn't even need to be high quality pictures.

Tobel

6/7/17
I looked at seiko watches already, but it is just that I have a thing for rolex. I like AP, and Patek as well, but that indeed would not unrealistic spending 80.000$ on Patek watch example
Rolex Sub, Daytona, GMT master etc. would fit me perfectly, and I like the design a lot I just want one which is very very hard to be called on. I am well aware that rep is perfect compared to retail, but I do know there is very good replicas out there. I been looking on the ZZF v2 REF 114060 on this subreddit (https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...393323-zzf-ref-114060-v2-vs-gen-honset-review) and consider this.

Ok let me be a little clearer, you have already gotten several nice messages with suggestions through people taking the time to answer your question. including me. This question is basically "what is the best submariner rep?', which is the most asked question on this forum. Members here do not - at all - appreciate new comers who can't bother to take the time to read and just expect to be spoon fed. So my advice to you - as I've already said in our PM - is search, read and educate yourself. You are lucky not to have been flamed so far, so don't push it. All the answers to your questions are on this forum, do your homework

Reactions: Taz71

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Here's an idea, buy a used gen Rolex. You could get em for less that half price or buy a super franken here on m2m or even better.........grow a pair and get a set of new friends. "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr Seuss

tczao

12/4/20
I didn't try to be rude or anything like that, I have done research and also found out that the ZZF V2 is the best. the only thing I am asking, is which based of the best reps made is the best rolex buy in terms of accuracy to the gen. I am not asking specificly for the submariner, but in general what rolex would be the best to go for.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Damn....flame free zone so I have to be good. Go to the NWBIG section and read up on the watches and flaws. Your best bet is avoid brands that they would own or see often (Rolex, AP, patek). Look towards the superreps in brands like Omega, breitling, Tudor, and IWC. Those are more likely to be passed over and there's a number of models which would be very difficult to call out without taking pictures and viewing macros side by side with the genuine. I know it's a step down in the genuine cost department, but much safer for your stated issues. Other option as said, just buy a less expensive genuine. The grand Seiko is a phenomenal piece. You can get a used Omega speedmaster professional for around $3500. A number of breitling and Tudor can be had for under$4k used (and some new).

Here's an example from the NWBIG list. There was a period where I owned both a genuine and replica Tudor Pelagos (I've since sold the replica). Can you tell which is the replica? Zoom out and look from half an arms length away. What can you see?

IMG_20180902_095408cc58d167bfb5a273.jpg

IMG_20180902_09462468325ec9e7ae55bf.jpg

IMG_20180902_09541375bd8ee3a48201de.jpg

IMG_20180902_10001435086f2fdff90b78.jpg

Reactions: k4jun and Ecender

tczao

12/4/20
when I said friends, I meant those I work with in this industry as it would humiliate me to be called out on a watch when my business is to sell authentic clothing this would give very bad impression to customers.

Tobel

6/7/17
I didn't try to be rude or anything like that, I have done research and also found out that the ZZF V2 is the best. the only thing I am asking, is which based of the best reps made is the best rolex buy in terms of accuracy to the gen. I am not asking specificly for the submariner, but in general what rolex would be the best to go for.

Yes so you are not asking "what is the best submariner" you're asking "what is the best rolex", how does that change my point? That's not how things work here. If the outcome of your research is that the zzf is the best FOR YOU, then buy that one. You're not meaning to be rude but you are. You're disrespecting all of the content that is available, the comparisons and comments that members have put out there, and you're expecting them to give you a nice summary. Please stop before you get banned

Reactions: mari115

tczao

12/4/20
I am sure, that many on this sub does not tell people the watch is not genuine if someone Is asking. I am just asking casually what would be my best bet in terms of rolex tobel, I don't need a lot of negative comments. I did research this sub - for hours even. and still can't find out which is the best rolex in terms of accuracy.

Rxtime. thank you for being polite and using the time to reply to my post. I already looked into tudor, there is just something about rolex which I like about rolex so I prefer stick to this, even tho I know tudor is a little brother for rolex.