• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Help? First Rep Watch Purchase

ReidBuckeye

Horology Curious
15/6/20
Noob Milgauss 116400GV from Trusty Time. I am a little worried about the 11 marker.

Thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:

ReidBuckeye

Horology Curious
15/6/20
Welcome to RWI. I see you joined less than an hour ago. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Thanks for the welcome. I have lurked here for the past few weeks.

27, work in finance in Columbus. I went to Ohio State to am a big Time OSU Football fan.

One of my mentors passed away a few months ago from testicular cancer, and this was the watch he wore every day. So I am wanting to get it for sentimental value and as a reminder of what he did for me professionally.

Troklo

23/12/15
Since this the flame free zone and you have a nice backstory I'll let you in in some of the way the forum works.

It's very frowned upon to just post pics and ask other members to QC for you. Everybody has different opinions and levels of tolerance. If you like how it looks then take it, you'll be the one wearing it everyday.

For me it looks fine BTW

Last edited:

ReidBuckeye

Horology Curious
15/6/20
Since this the flame free zone and you have a nice backstory I'll let you in in some of the way the forum works.

It's very frowned upon to just post pics and ask other members to QC for you everybody has different opinions and levels of tolerance. If you like how it looks than take it, you'll be the one wearing it everyday.

For me it looks fine BTW

Thanks Troklo, I apologize for not following the forums etiquette. I will lurk more and hopefully help add to the community.

Just scared to get a bad one as my first Rep

Troklo

23/12/15
People here in general are nice and incredibly knowledgeable when it come to watches Rep or Gen.
This question gets asked again and again only for the original poster to go missing after he's gotten whatever information he needed, you can see how this can irritate older members of the community.
Stay around, show us your watch once it arrives and contribute.

Last edited:

ReidBuckeye

Horology Curious
15/6/20
People here in general are nice and incredibly knowledgeable when it come to watches Rep or Gen.
This question gets asked again and again only for the original poster to go missing after he's gotten whatever information he needed, you can see how this can irritate older members of the community.
Stay around, show us your watch once it arrives and contribute.

I definitely will try to get y'all some great pictures. I am also into guns and this seems to have a very similar community. All super nice people that are happy to help people get into the hobby.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks for the welcome. I have lurked here for the past few weeks.

27, work in finance in Columbus. I went to Ohio State to am a big Time OSU Football fan.

One of my mentors passed away a few months ago from testicular cancer, and this was the watch he wore every day. So I am wanting to get it for sentimental value and as a reminder of what he did for me professionally.

Since you have been cool about all of this we will help. Don't worry about the marker. When your watch arrives the first thing you will notice is how small the watch is. These are highly magnified pictures. Everything looks much worse than it is and your marker looks fine. Accept the watch and enjoy it.

ReidBuckeye

Horology Curious
15/6/20
Since you have been cool about all of this we will help. Don't worry about the marker. When your watch arrives the first thing you will notice is how small the watch is. These are highly magnified pictures. Everything looks much worse than it is and your marker looks fine. Accept the watch and enjoy it.

Thank you, I had just given the GL. I am super excited, thank y'all a lot.

Reactions: Tucker

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
Looks fine to me also.

The mili is a really nice everyday watch/beater for a beginner into the watch hobby.

After some time the Polished center links shows some hairlines and scratches that shows the use of the watch and make them really cool IMO

Hope you enjoy it and welcome!

ReidBuckeye

Horology Curious
15/6/20
Looks fine to me also.

The mili is a really nice everyday watch/beater for a beginner into the watch hobby.

After some time the Polished center links shows some hairlines and scratches that shows the use of the watch and make them really cool IMO

Hope you enjoy it and welcome!

Yeah I am excited to get my hands on it. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Reactions: trinder_hart

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Like others have said there are lots of good guys here. You actually posted in just about the only place that you wouldn't, and quite frankly shouldn't, get flamed for your 1st post. Here is a link to a whole bunch of stickies that are FAQ that will be very helpful https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq and another one to the specific sticky that is what QC pics are for and why you would have likely been flogged for posting as you did elsewhere. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/94138-the-purpose-of-qc-pictures

Just so you know, shipping from China has been extremely slow as of late. I just got one last week that took 2 months from time of order to my doorstep. I am not saying this is normal or that it will be the case for you, but since you are new and this is a recently new development I thought I would let you know. Tracking is notoriously bad as well, as in no update for weeks at a time so don't panic when your watch doesn't show in a week or two.

While you wait, do some reading about other models. Once your watch arrives and you see how good it is, you will be hooked and probably want another....
just sayin

Welcome

ReidBuckeye

Horology Curious
15/6/20
Like others have said there are lots of good guys here. You actually posted in just about the only place that you wouldn't, and quite frankly shouldn't, get flamed for your 1st post. Here is a link to a whole bunch of stickies that are FAQ that will be very helpful https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq and another one to the specific sticky that is what QC pics are for and why you would have likely been flogged for posting as you did elsewhere. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/94138-the-purpose-of-qc-pictures

Just so you know, shipping from China has been extremely slow as of late. I just got one last week that took 2 months from time of order to my doorstep. I am not saying this is normal or that it will be the case for you, but since you are new and this is a recently new development I thought I would let you know. Tracking is notoriously bad as well, as in no update for weeks at a time so don't panic when your watch doesn't show in a week or two.

While you wait, do some reading about other models. Once your watch arrives and you see how good it is, you will be hooked and probably want another....
just sayin

Welcome

Funny you say that, DHL has been showing "Shipment information received" Since 6/17 :(

8Eighty8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/20
Funny you say that, DHL has been showing "Shipment information received" Since 6/17 :(

Yes....just as Nanook65 said.....shipping is taking a long time. Mine had that status for almost 3 weeks. After the package started moving it got here real fast though. Was even moving during weekends. Welcome to RWI.