• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying from WISH: What should I expect?

Madmediciv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/20
Australia
Hi everyone,
About a week before I even knew that forums like this existed, I made a rash and probably with hindsight incredibly foolish decision to buy a Rolex Submariner from WISH at $194AUD. The seller had a stack of 5 star reviews and I clicked away without thinking until only after the fact, but now I'm a little dubious because in the photo it was the typical 10:10 time on the 25th, and it looked like every other photo out there that I've tin-eyed.had I bothered to read about the trusted dealers here, I'm aware that it was probably a moderately costly mistake on my part.
If anyone could answer the following I'd be very, very grateful:
1) if anyone is familiar with WISH, what is the general quality like?
2) How easily fixable is a replica submariner, I have heard that it is the most copied replica out there, so I'm guessing that it would be on the cheaper end, am I right or am I totally mistaken?

If anyone has any answers for me it'd be much appreciated

Last edited:

Madmediciv

12/6/20
Australia
I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that it probably will be. Still, its a salutary lesson of the phrase "look before you leap" I guess.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi everyone,
About a week before I even knew that forums like this existed, I made a rash and probably with hindsight incredibly foolish decision to buy a Rolex Submariner from WISH at $294AUD. The seller had a stack of 5 star reviews and I clicked away without thinking until only after the fact, but now I'm a little dubious because in the photo it was the typical 10:10 time on the 25th, and it looked like every other photo out there that I've tin-eyed.had I bothered to read about the trusted dealers here, I'm aware that it was probably a moderately costly mistake on my part.
If anyone could answer the following I'd be very, very grateful:
1) if anyone is familiar with WISH, what is the general quality like?
2) How easily fixable is a replica submariner, I have heard that it is the most copied replica out there, so I'm guessing that it would be on the cheaper end, am I right or am I totally mistaken?

If anyone has any answers for me it'd be much appreciated

Post a picture and we might be able to help. Without one there is no way we can respond.

Reactions: Madmediciv

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Weren't there buyer reviews with pictures?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
And hats off to you for some seriously speedy replies

If you post a picture or link to the watch they were using to advertise it will tell us a lot. If they were using a genuine watch you will probably receive a complete dog turd.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
If you receive anything at all...

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The link doesn’t work (on my iPad). Although I did just get a “free” pair of “$49” headphones from Wish for installing the app (only cost me 80p for the postage). Result.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Well, Wish is like DH Gate, but worse!
I'de be very curious to see what comes out of it but expect a few laughs at best, and a few bucks thrown at the window.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

nissanskylinen1

14/3/20
Boxed vomit that somewhat resembles a watch! Apparently buying things on Wish is kinda like buying the trash that doesn't sell on AliExpress.