• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116500 from Jtime arrived !

trinder_hart

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/20

Just received the 116500 noob V3 Rolex Daytona from Li over at Jtime. They kindly sourced and fitted the CF bezel for me prior to shipping. Whole process from payment to delivery took about a month and a bit which considering the current climate is amazing. Great Comms as always from Jtime along the way.

The watch is stunning, to my eye I find it hard to see the difference between the original noob bezel and CF. Dial also looks great I think I would only want to add an ARF bracelet as the noob one does feel a bit cheap (compared with my gen hulk bracelet).

thank you to the forum and countless buying threads on Daytona’s that have not only made excellent entertainment during covid lockdown but also helped me make an informed choice on this purchase. Cheers everyone.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
It's a very nice watch. Congratulations!
For years, my brother lusts after the gen, but the local AD wouldn't sell him the Daytona. He had bought a day-date previously but still couldn't get his hands on the Daytona. I guess he is not VIP enough. Anyway, I got him to buy the Noob Daytona. He was skeptical at first, but when the watch finally arrived, he was giddy as a kid with ice cream cone. The rep is his daily wear now, until he gets the gen, which may be five, ten, or fifteen years later.

trinder_hart

31/3/20
Yeah the whole situation has gotten ridiculous with the AD’s. After getting my Gen Hulk I felt sick as I paid so much over retail (stupidity). I love the watch but also it has taken some
of the fun out of it knowing the waste of money. I never thought I would wear a Daytona due to the hype so I can imagine the feeling your brother had when he got his Noob! Also with the added fun of being able to Mod it in the future. I’m hooked ! Haha

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
That is a beautiful piece! I got the Noob V.3 as well and love it. Unfortunately Li forgot to install the Bezel for me. So I Have to go to a watchsmith to fix it for me. I am scared of doing it myself.

Due to the Braccelet: Have you tried to put it in Babyoil overnight? I did this to mine and the single links feel much smoother now! Maybe still not comparable to the ARG, but maybe a bit better than the status quo.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

trinder_hart

31/3/20
Hey man, the bezel install is super super easy. Just slide a think blade inbetween the bezel and case and carefully lift it from case. It’s doesn’t need much force. It’s only fixed on with pressure. There are a few videos on YouTube of people replacing bezels on Rolex’s with this technique.

Reactions: Ernesteka

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Hey man, the bezel install is super super easy. Just slide a think blade inbetween the bezel and case and carefully lift it from case. It’s doesn’t need much force. It’s only fixed on with pressure. There are a few videos on YouTube of people replacing bezels on Rolex’s with this technique.

Ok, maybe I will try it. Do you need a „bezel-press“ to put the CF back on?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

trinder_hart

31/3/20
I didn’t .. just a knife , cotton gloves and gentle force to take it off and putting the bezel and crystal back on. Just a tip, try and do in the most dust free environment possible, I had a dust blower also.

Reactions: Ernesteka

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Ok thank you, I will buy myself some cotton gloves and a dust blower then. :)