• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie needs help. With First Time Buy

titaniummanus1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/20
Earth
Hello everyone. I first am happy to be here this is an awesome forum. The reason for my post is I need some advice on what to do. I just received my Oyster Perpetual 39mm 114300 904L SS ARF 1:1 Best Edition Red Grape Dial on 904L Bracelet SH3132 from intime last night (which Ryan is awesome btw). It ran for 6 hours and it stopped running. I typically only buy gen models but I wanted to give the replica scene a try and unfortunately, the poor thing just died after I received it.

Does anyone have any advice on who I can send this to have it looked at without it being an issue because it is a rep? I thank you in advance fr all of your help. I love the watch but just want to get it up and running again.

I am in Illinois BTW if that helps.

Thanks In advance
MJ

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Have you tried winding it?

This isn't a facetious question - some owners think that because the watch is "automatic" they just need to put it on and it'll run happily even if they spend the next 5 hours laying on the sofa... So the first question is always, have you tried hand-winding it?

The rotor should keep the watch running if you're actively moving around, but if it isn't then there may be a problem with the rotor not doing its job correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: HomeRye and Tucker

titaniummanus1

2/4/20
Earth
yup, I actually own about 150 automatics and that was the first thing I tried lol. But thank you for checking because when I first started collecting I did not know that fact. I have wound it and giving it the hand circular motion also.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Have you tried winding it?

This isn't a facetious question - some owners think that because the watch is "automatic" they just need to put it on and it'll run happily even if they spend the next 5 hours laying on the sofa... So the first question is always, have you tried hand-winding it?

The rotor should keep the watch running if you're actively moving around, but if it isn't then there may be a problem with the rotor not doing its job correctly.

^^^^^This....wind it 30-35 times before you put it on. Also make sure the rotor is moving freely. Sometimes they get jammed up in transit.

titaniummanus1

2/4/20
Earth
Tucker, Thanks for the advice. It was running and then stopped about an hour ago. I tried the winding but no go. I will need to purchase the back removal tool since I have one for every other watch except a Rolex lol.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Tucker, Thanks for the advice. It was running and then stopped about an hour ago. I tried the winding but no go. I will need to purchase the back removal tool since I have one for every other watch except a Rolex lol.

Ah right, sorry for asking the newb question buddy! For caseback opening, I'd recommend the "Hedapai" branded Bergeon clone set on eBay.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
yup, I actually own about 150 automatics.....
a "newbie" with 150 gens to his name before you ended up here:)
I wonder how many people go gen first then rep, and how many go the rep first then gen? Be an interesting statistic.
me I'm just going the second route: Corona has taught me life is too short. Sorry for the slight topic diversion.

titaniummanus1

2/4/20
Earth
LOL Case back opener ordered. I have collected everything from Seiko, Grand Seikos, Citizen, Timex to gen Rolex. I came looking for clones when my tastes outgrew my pocketbook. So though I would try a rep. And I am chalking it up to learning and if it is a simple rotor being lodged in place issue which it sounds like it is I will be buying more from INTime. If not will just stick to gen's will chalk it up to a learning situation.

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
Just a thought, but while you're waiting for the caseback tool (which you will still need for fully tightening it back up) you can use a rubber ball to remove it.
I have done this many a time with great results. You can use it for closing the back up but you'll still want to do it right with the tool later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Take duct tape roll it up in a tight palm sized ball sticky side outwards - you now have yourself a mark 1 case-back removal tool.
If you are lucky, it is simply the rotor that is loose and now jammed up, or some debris gumming up the movement.

Regards rep friendly watch repair shops - check out the Supporting Vendors sub forum, quite a few in CONUS

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
LOL Case back opener ordered. I have collected everything from Seiko, Grand Seikos, Citizen, Timex to gen Rolex. I came looking for clones when my tastes outgrew my pocketbook. So though I would try a rep. And I am chalking it up to learning and if it is a simple rotor being lodged in place issue which it sounds like it is I will be buying more from INTime. If not will just stick to gen's will chalk it up to a learning situation.
Don't give up ;). Lots to learn, and some more duds on the horizon, but the good ones will get you hooked :).

Incidentally, Ryan replaced a watch movement for me before, he has the process for a send-back - if you follow the instructions, and are willing to wait a few weeks while the watch is in transit, you can get a fixed one in hand ;).

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Wake123

19/8/18
I have used Katt for repairs in the past. He is quick and affordable and is located here in the states. I would recommend him for advice and repairs

titaniummanus1

2/4/20
Earth
Thanks, CaptainSplash and Wake123 I have already sent in an issue ticket to Ryan so hopefully we can get something worked out. The craftsmanship is amazing on this watch would love to get it fixed and keep it.