• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage AirKing or ...... ? (in other words - please help me to find a watch of my dreams)

Rhinoceros

Horology Curious
24/2/20
Good day,

Let me start with an admission acknowledgment - I have small wrists. Anything larger than 38mm looks questionable.
Therefore, I am searching for something like this...

Must-have:
  1. 34-38mm case, mostly brushed surface.
  2. Well-readable dial, either black-on-white / grey or inverted.
  3. Unassuming look.
Desirable, but not crucial:
  1. Good lume. X1 Superluminova in 2:1 ratio level good.
  2. Titanium case.
  3. Decent quality bracelet.
Important notes:
  • I don't mind if someone crafty would remove all the logos from it.
  • I will use it as a day-to-day watch, so it has to have sensible level of reliability.
After spending oh-too-much time reading above history of watchmaking, movements and current market, I favour AirKing... Which is way too expensive in "Gen" version.
Somehow, I have ended-up on this forum and currently toying with an idea of purchasing a "Rep" or assembling (with someone's help) a "Franken".

What do you think?

Rhinoceros

Horology Curious
24/2/20
tripdog , I am impressed. Is everything sorted-out so promptly on this forum?.. Now I have to familiarize myself with exact meaning of "Raffles tall post hands" and "Silix 19mm oyster bracelet".
Slightly surprised mr. pompompurin managed to fit 2824-2 inside of the case, I have read somewhere that AirKing's case is for in-house 3000/3130 only.

This is, however, concerning (maybe, as for novice):
Once I post it, all shipping/ postage risk is on the buyer, including customs risk, damage, and missing parcel. However, I will ensure that the watch is working as described and will provide proof of shipping/ postage

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
tripdog , I am impressed. Is everything sorted-out so promptly on this forum?.. Now I have to familiarize myself with exact meaning of "Raffles tall post hands" and "Silix 19mm oyster bracelet".
Slightly surprised mr. pompompurin managed to fit 2824-2 inside of the case, I have read somewhere that AirKing's case is for in-house 3000/3130 only.

This is, however, concerning (maybe, as for novice):

I think it's already sold, so back to square one.

Concerning shipping, those clauses are used by everybody, people here aren't professional sellers and don't offer the same T & C 's as professional sellers - but that is reflected in the prices.