• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi, noob here with a noob question

BrokeDocInTraining

Looking Around
18/2/20
From what I understand after reading a bunch of stickies:

I contact a TD stating that I am interested in buy-in a rep

they reply saying "okay, how can I help you?"

I then reply with the rep model that I want from the specific factory that I want? Is that correct?

I guess I am confused as to how factories play into this, for example do I just tell the TD that i want a submariner from noob factory, pay him and wait for him to send me QC pics?

Thanks

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You can skip the first step, “I contact a TD stating that I am interested in buy-in a rep” and go straight to, “tell the TD that i want a submariner from noob factory, pay him and wait for him to send me QC pics”. Email the TD telling them exactly the model you want - including factory. If you email, use links, the webpage description, model reference number, even pics of the webpage - so there is absolutely no ambiguity to your request. English isn’t the first language of most TDs, so the clearer and more precise you are, the better.

Emailing is always best BTW, if you order online there’s no guarantee the model you order will be available (TD websites often include models that are no longer in production). So your first email will be asking for confirmation that the TD can get you the specific watch you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrokeDocInTraining

BrokeDocInTraining

Looking Around
18/2/20
You can skip the first step, “I contact a TD stating that I am interested in buy-in a rep” and go straight to, “tell the TD that i want a submariner from noob factory, pay him and wait for him to send me QC pics”. Email the TD telling them exactly the model you want - including factory. If you email, use links, the webpage description, model reference number, even pics of the webpage - so there is absolutely no ambiguity to your request. English isn’t the first language of most TDs, so the clearer and more precise you are, the better.

Emailing is always best BTW, if you order online there’s no guarantee the model you order will be available (TD websites often include models that are no longer in production). So your first email will be asking for confirmation that the TD can get you the specific watch you want.

Thank you, another question. When you email the TD the watch info, do I use all the info/pics off of the desired gen watch's webpage? For example, I can't find J Factory's website, so do I use the pics/model number/description from Longines' website if I were to want to order a rep Master Moonphase?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thank you, another question. When you email the TD the watch info, do I use all the info/pics off of the desired gen watch's webpage? For example, I can't find J Factory's website, so do I use the pics/model number/description from Longines' website if I were to want to order a rep Master Moonphase?
No, that'd be a waste of your time and their time. TDs are only going to supply you with reps that the factories are currently producing. You need to find the info about the rep you want by searching on the forums and the TD sites.

BrokeDocInTraining

Looking Around
18/2/20
No, that'd be a waste of your time and their time. TDs are only going to supply you with reps that the factories are currently producing. You need to find the info about the rep you want by searching on the forums and the TD sites.

Okay, thank you once again. Last question I think for now. Do certain TDs only deal with / specialize with certain factories?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Okay, thank you once again. Last question I think for now. Do certain TDs only deal with / specialize with certain factories?
Some may have better deals with a factory than others, so you might find that prices are a little better at one versus another. That's where your research and information gathering skills come in... ;)