• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to correctly pay with WU

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Whoops ... I took a bit more time to write and you submitted it right before me. Good morning Dave, hope you have a great day!

ill still chill out , i really get tired of all the good guys fighting .....i mean shit we all have opinions , let save the fighting for the bad guys !

Reactions: offpink

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
deargod.jpg

WTF is going on here? Are you all bloody children? Wot Dave said!

​​​​​​​At any rate gilrob is completely correct, paying online results in a much higher incidence of reversals, that's common knowledge. Someone asks a question, someone else gives correct and helpful advice and you lot pile on like it's a 10 round top of the card bout. Give it a rest. I'm getting very tired of seeing it and if I get too tired of seeing it bad things will begin to happen to those who persist, Alles Klar?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Hi! Question here.
Sead (supermirrors) gave me hie first and last name and country. If I go to a WU office. What should I do? Can I just go there and say: hey I have $350 for [First name], [Last name] in [China]? How do they know it’s the right person? How does Sead receive the money?

Thanks in advance.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Use TransferWise if poss better rates then WU, sead accepts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonasz

Horology Curious
4/2/20
Hi guys. Thank you all for the support. I went to the WU agency (gas station) and did not do the transaction. I calculated on the app that if I have to pay 330 euros to send 350 US Dollars. When the gasstation guy was entering the amount he said that I have to pay €380... Is this normal when the app says €330? I then told him that I will think about it.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
As unhelpful as your "others who have problems". the OP is looking for a solution.

Rather than looking for ' A SOLUTION ' to a problem., it obvious the OP just hasn't used WU before and is probably a first time rep buyer . He is just asking how WU works , now it has been explained I'm sure his transaction will be OK .

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hi guys. Thank you all for the support. I went to the WU agency (gas station) and did not do the transaction. I calculated on the app that if I have to pay 330 euros to send 350 US Dollars. When the gasstation guy was entering the amount he said that I have to pay €380... Is this normal when the app says €330? I then told him that I will think about it.

Send it using the app then !!! As I said gilrob rather than a problem with the payment method , more a problem with the forum member . Totally clueless!! :D

Last edited:

Jonasz

Horology Curious
4/2/20
Hi guys. I did the payment with the app now. Wondering if WU is going to call me hahaha.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Wondering if WU is going to call me hahaha.

On your birthday the WU head office staff get together and sing ' Happy Birthday ' down the phone .

WU will Confirm payment ready for collection in China ( usually pretty instantly with APP ) . You need to send the MTCN ( tracking number ) to Sead so he can have the funds collected.

Sorry if the above seems obvious/ already done , but not sure after reading your previous posts .;)

Jonasz

Horology Curious
4/2/20
On your birthday the WU head office staff get together and sing ' Happy Birthday ' down the phone .

WU will Confirm payment ready for collection in China ( usually pretty instantly with APP ) . You need to send the MTCN ( tracking number ) to Sead so he can have the funds collected.

Sorry if the above seems obvious/ already done , but not sure after reading your previous posts .;)

Hi! Yea I already sent the code to Sead. Thanks for the info.