• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to correctly pay with WU

Jonasz

Horology Curious
4/2/20
Hi! Question here.
Sead (supermirrors) gave me hie first and last name and country. If I go to a WU office. What should I do? Can I just go there and say: hey I have $350 for [First name], [Last name] in [China]? How do they know it’s the right person? How does Sead receive the money?

Thanks in advance.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Jonasz

Horology Curious
4/2/20
Sorry the question marks was an accident. It was supposed to be an emoji..

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
That's exactly how you do it, you could also wire it online. After you pay they give you a receipt with a number on it to communicate to the recipient. To receive the money, he'll have to go to the branch and give his name, the tracking number you'll get and present his ID.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Best not to pay online, WU will ask more questions and probably cancel the transaction for various reasons. Go to an agent, fill out the form, pay the the agent, go home, send the tracking number (MTCN) to Sead and wait for your QC pictures.

Interesting

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
Download the WU App. Use the App to pay. You get a better rate AND also cheaper fees. The App will direct you to the nearest WU outlet near you. Go and there and show them the link or the QR code sent to you. Complete the transaction either with cash or your bank card.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Best not to pay online, WU will ask more questions and probably cancel the transaction for various reasons. Go to an agent, fill out the form, pay the the agent, go home, send the tracking number (MTCN) to Sead and wait for your QC pictures.

TBH i have never had a problem online . Also used app and store same again .

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hi! Question here.
Sead (supermirrors) gave me hie first and last name and country. If I go to a WU office. What should I do? Can I just go there and say: hey I have $350 for [First name], [Last name] in [China]? How do they know it’s the right person? How does Sead receive the money?

Thanks in advance.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

It's simple you give the agent the amount you want to send in $ and the recipients first and last names at your local WU . The agent will then collect the amount off you in your own currency including fees and WU conversion rate $> ($350 equivalent ) . They then confirm the amount has been sent and give you a receipt with a tracking number (MTCN ) . You send this to the TD and the recipient can then collect the money at their local office in China by giving the tracking number (MTCN) and presenting ID .

AS somebody has said if you use the APP and select cash in store , you can save on fees . Just don't mention counterfeit watches in the store . To be honest i have used both the APP and my online account for many rep watch transactions without any problems . The same process just done online with the confirmation MTCN tracking number to give to TD sent via email or app . It means you can buy the watch from your sofa and saves the trip to the WU office

I also use the TD you name who i can confirm is the business , you are in safe hands .

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
You were fortunate, others had problems.

I'm going to start doing the lottery as i have been fortunate 30 + times with WU online .:D Fingers crossed long may it continue ! TBH members on here seem to have problems with all forms of paymemt WU , Bank transfer , bc etc Gilrob . Always seems to me rather than a problem with the payment provider or buying a replica watch , it seems the member is an eejit . It wouldn't surprise me if the add notes REASON FOR PURCHASE : Buying an ARF V3 replica Submariner :D

Last edited:

Interesting

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
You were fortunate, others had problems.

Really? Others have problems with banks as well. With the storekeeper, with the retailer. WU is a very large and reputable money transfer company. As is Transferwise. Just because afew have issues does not make WU a problem. You don't stop driving just because cars have accidents.

Usually the problem is on the receiver end in China. There are strict forex transfer rules there. Sometimes the person they have appointed to pick up the money have problems. In any case, Sead is a TD here. If you have issues with the payment, don't buy from him. Choose someone else who accepts the method you want to pay with.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Really? Others have problems with banks as well. With the storekeeper, with the retailer. WU is a very large and reputable money transfer company. As is Transferwise. Just because afew have issues does not make WU a problem. You don't stop driving just because cars have accidents.

Usually the problem is on the receiver end in China. There are strict forex transfer rules there. Sometimes the person they have appointed to pick up the money have problems. In any case, Sead is a TD here. If you have issues with the payment, don't buy from him. Choose someone else who accepts the method you want to pay with.

You asked the question and I answered based on other members experiences with using WU online. I suggest you do a search, using the RWI search engine, on this topic. I used Sead as a TD before, so any advice from you I do not need.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
In any case, Sead is a TD here. If you have issues with the payment, don't buy from him. Choose someone else who accepts the method you want to pay with.

TBF Sead couldn't be more accomodating to his customers , that includes offering different forms of payment . He is succinct and short on messaging sometimes , but he easy to buy from and provides the correct well QC'd watches .

Interesting

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
You asked the question and I answered based on other members experiences with using WU online. I suggest you do a search, using the RWI search engine, on this topic. I used Sead as a TD before, so any advice from you I do not need.

As unhelpful as your "others who have problems". the OP is looking for a solution.

Interesting

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
Those that had problems happened before your join date, since then BitCoin has been widely used. Relax and chill.

Relax and chill? I am not the one with the "so any advice from you I don't need" attitude. Who needs to chill? And what does my join date has to do with what is truth and correct? It has as much to do with your 3 little chicken wings you display below your avatar. WU has existed since 1851. The first watch was only invented in 1868. The OP was looking for a solution, not unhelpful comments. That, is the priceless, chilling fact. I have nothing more to add to this.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Guys please . lets not fight with eachother , this shit gets old

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Both of you should chill out, pretty sure gilrob had good intentions by stating people have had issues and wanted to avoid a first time buyer experiencing more problems or stress with an already difficult transaction for newbies.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Both of you should chill out, pretty sure gilrob had good intentions by stating people have had issues and wanted to avoid a first time buyer experiencing more problems or stress with an already difficult transaction for newbies.

Yeah ......ill chill out ...

Reactions: offpink