• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Discussion

thewelshone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/20
Hey everyone - nice to meet you.

So I'm going to ask that forbidden question "Which one should I pick!?"

rolex-daytona-black-bezel-0.jpg

I know it's ultimately my decision. I've now spent countless hours researching the forum, how replicas work, the pros and the cons, expected delivery times, potential faults and so forth.

My two options:

A: Daytona 116500 Noob 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet Black Dial SA4130 V3 ($690)

VS

B: Daytona 116500 ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet Black Dial A4130 Super Clone V2 ($490)

I've gone through what I believe are the pros & cons of each and my understanding is that option A has a higher price tag because it has fully functional however with this comes more risk of things going wrong (I'm guessing especially in that travel to the UK too!). Likewise with option A, the rings can sometimes be larger on the black Bezel which I'm looking at getting whilst on Option B, it has an overall better-looking finish and is obviously cheaper.

At this point in time, with this being my first replica, I'm very much looking to get a watch for aesthetic reasons - not to brag to random people, but I love Daytona's and can't afford the real deal. This leads me to think that although I'm very much someone who would pay the $690 because it seems like the watch will be better, for the reasons I'm currently looking, perhaps the ARF model would be best.

I appreciate that the current reason I'm looking may change when I'm 2 years in with the watch and would value your own opinions if you would be so kind!

Also..

Two more Qs:
  • Daytona lovers, do you ever use the chronograph?
  • Is it a better idea to source from a local TD dealer, as opposed to one based in China (e.g. Puretime and co)?
Thanks for taking some time out to help :D
Dan

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Its me again, gilrob. I suggest you post this in the Rolex sub-forum, you'll get a lot more responses (quite possibly some snide ones as well) to your question(s).

thewelshone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/20
Its me again, gilrob. I suggest you post this in the Rolex sub-forum, you'll get a lot more responses (quite possibly some snide ones as well) to your question(s).

Hey Gilrob!

Thanks for the suggestion. Mods can you please delete this thread?