• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica of a gen quartz model

dtdomination

13/1/20
Hello All,

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I find having a quartz watch in the collection to be very handy and it's nice to have one watch that I don't have to worry about the accuracy on. I'm fairly new to the rep game but I am wondering about the quality of a quartz rep and if they are NWBIG. Aside from the movement are the cases/dials/hands very accurate? Does it feel gen? I would go for a swiss quartz rep since I can't see the point of spending $3,000-4,000 on a quartz gen.... Thanks for the help!!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Go for one of these. Tag Heuer aquaracer grande date. Same quartz movement as genuine, very well made, and mine passed 3 atm pressure test. It's my backup travel watch.

IMG_20191226_232635fa81e777052e8de1.jpg

IMG_20191015_104805892bf2abb56997dc.jpg

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I'm not much of a Tag fan, but that is a damn nice watch! Very solid.

I'm generally not a tag Heuer fan either, but this is a phenomenal piece, scary close to genuine (probably one of the best out of the box quartz reps) and quite comfortable, especially considering it's size (I think it's 43mm if I remember correctly). Same movement as genuine so it functions the same. Definitely recommended as a nice addition to have a always ready piece.

dtdomination

13/1/20
Go for one of these. Tag Heuer aquaracer grande date. Same quartz movement as genuine, very well made, and mine passed 3 atm pressure test. It's my backup travel watch.

An aquaracer is exactly what I had in mind. Also, a Cartier model sounds intriguing. I just can't justify a gen price for a quartz movement personally. Guess I'll have to pick one up, always nice to have a ready to wear piece or something no thrills for traveling. Where did you pick it up? I couldn't find many aquaracers in quartz from the TDs. Thanks!

Side note: It's pretty crazy that you can get something so close to gen with the same movement for significantly less money.

Last edited: