• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stop by the customs office

Taternik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/19
UE
Hello,
My watch was stopped by the customs office. My trusted dealer informed me that I would send the watch a second time with the condition that I would pay 50% of the value of the watch and 50% of the value of the shipment.
Is this standard behavior?
If necessary, I will pay, but I want to know if this is the standard in this business.
Thank you in advance for your response

Levi2019

Supporter
Certified
19/12/19
all depends on the TD and their policy with regards to seized items but I have heard of this before and doesn't sound uncommon practice to share the cost of seizure and replacement watch.

Taternik

4/3/19
UE
Thank you for your response. Do other users confirm this standard of behavior - a trusted dealer?

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Li at JTime offers a free replacement w/free shipping

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Taternik

4/3/19
UE
My dealer on our forum advertises like this and quotes: "We use the services of DHL (Via HongKong), Fedex, EMS, 4PX (UK Transshipping), Aramex, Post NL, Post BE, etc. A second shipment will be provided free of charge if the package is taken at the buyer's local customers, but not at the third. Customers can choose the safest shipping route if they had experience of collecting the package before. " Does this mean that he should send me a new watch free of charge? Is he misinterpreting this entry? I am asking for opinions Thank you

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
If that is what is stated on his site then he should supply you a new watch provided you have proof that it was seized by customs.
However, what is stated and what is done is a different story. If you have ordered with a TD listed on RWI you should get you reshipping free of charge.
If he is not a TD here then you know what to do different next time.

Taternik

4/3/19
UE
Yes it's a dealer from our forum. The dealer got the documents from the customs office by e-mail. Is informed of the whole situation. So should I ask him for free shipping of the new watch?

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Just curious, what country are you from? Has it been seized or is it being held to raise custom charges?

Last edited:

Taternik

4/3/19
UE
Hello,
I live in one of the European Union countries.
The watch was taken because it is a fake product.
It happens.

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I also live in the EU (UK) and have had 5 watches seized by customs. The reason customs in the UK seize items is due to the fact that any item above £15 in value merits Custom Charges. All my watches were processed and sent on to me after i paid the bills. I asked sellers outside the EU to post as a sports watch with a value of $50 (still attracts custom charges). I think if you try to lower the value it would raise suspicions and the item opened by customs and then you would never get the watch and be seriously out of pocket.

Reactions: Seamusflood

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
My dealer on our forum advertises like this and quotes: "We use the services of DHL (Via HongKong), Fedex, EMS, 4PX (UK Transshipping), Aramex, Post NL, Post BE, etc. A second shipment will be provided free of charge if the package is taken at the buyer's local customers, but not at the third. Customers can choose the safest shipping route if they had experience of collecting the package before. " Does this mean that he should send me a new watch free of charge? Is he misinterpreting this entry? I am asking for opinions Thank you

If he has shipped one watch (and so far, only one watch) and it has been seized by Customs, then he should ship you a second watch as per his T & C - if he refuses then I suggest you contact the Help Desk on the forum.

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
I also live in the EU (UK) and have had 5 watches seized by customs. The reason customs in the UK seize items is due to the fact that any item above £15 in value merits Custom Charges. All my watches were processed and sent on to me after i paid the bills. I asked sellers outside the EU to post as a sports watch with a value of $50 (still attracts custom charges). I think if you try to lower the value it would raise suspicions and the item opened by customs and then you would never get the watch and be seriously out of pocket.

I live in the uk and have ordered 10 watches over the last 3 years without any seizes

Sent from the RWI App

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I never have any issues ordering watches from EU or through our Trusted Dealers. The customs issues are when shipping from US/Canada.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Taternik

4/3/19
UE
Hello,
Thank you to all participants for the help.
I described my purchase here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...from-steve-retention-by-the-eu-customs-office
Steve spoke on December 29 and offered me to pay 50% for the new watch and 50% for shipping costs. December 30
i wrote to him that it is possible for me to pay 50% of the value but I would like to get information about the description that Steve posted on the RWI forum which shows that I should receive the watch for free. This description was in the tab: How to ship and our shipping policy point 5 The description was exactly as quoted "We use DHL (Via HongKong), Fedex, EMS, 4PX (UK Transshipping), Aramex, Post NL, Post BE etc ... A second shipping will be provided free if parcel got seized in buyer's local customers, but no third one Customers can choose the safest shipping route if they have that experience for parcel receiving before. "I asked Steve to tell me what is true. In my opinion, I should get a new watch free of charge. I did not receive a reply from Steve.
Interestingly, Steve modified December 31 on our forum point 5.How to ship and our shipping policy which is now this:
"We use DHL (Via HongKong), EMS, UK Based Transhipping ($ 60.00), Aramex, Post NL, Post BE etc ... We also provide DHL insurance shipping (costs $ 50.00), A second shipping will be provided free if parcel got seized in buyer's local customs, if you choose DHL insurance shipping method but no third one. Customers can choose the safest shipping route if they have that experience for parcel receiving before.
Should I ask a moderator for help and open a Help desk?
I want to be fine with Steve but I also want Steve to be ok with me.
Thank you

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hello,
Thank you to all participants for the help.
I described my purchase here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...customs-office

Steve spoke on December 29 and offered me to pay 50% for the new watch and 50% for shipping costs.

December 30 i wrote to him that it is possible for me to pay 50% of the value but I would like to get information about the description that Steve posted on the RWI forum which shows that I should receive the watch for free.

This description was in the tab:

How to ship and our shipping policy point 5 The description was exactly as quoted "We use DHL (Via HongKong), Fedex, EMS, 4PX (UK Transshipping), Aramex, Post NL, Post BE etc ... A second shipping will be provided free if parcel got seized in buyer's local customers, but no third one Customers can choose the safest shipping route if they have that experience for parcel receiving before. "

I asked Steve to tell me what is true. In my opinion, I should get a new watch free of charge. I did not receive a reply from Steve.

Interestingly, Steve modified December 31 on our forum point 5.How to ship and our shipping policy which is now this:

"We use DHL (Via HongKong), EMS, UK Based Transhipping ($ 60.00), Aramex, Post NL, Post BE etc ... We also provide DHL insurance shipping (costs $ 50.00), A second shipping will be provided free if parcel got seized in buyer's local customs, if you choose DHL insurance shipping method but no third one. Customers can choose the safest shipping route if they have that experience for parcel receiving before.

Should I ask a moderator for help and open a Help desk?

I want to be fine with Steve but I also want Steve to be ok with me.

Thank you

Taternik I've reorganised your post so that it's clearer.

A change in T & C to suit the situation by the looks of things.

Raddave

C Master

Last edited:

Taternik

4/3/19
UE
Thank you so much Tripdog, Is it justified to open a Help desk in such a situation? I wish you all a happy New Year 2020

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Thank you so much Tripdog, Is it justified to open a Help desk in such a situation? I wish you all a happy New Year 2020

I think you can wait to see what the 2 Mods I tagged say - they will probably talk to your TD first.