• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI M2M is really active

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
I have been a member next door for roughly a year and really only frequent it to check out the M2M section. I'm a classic lurker. I'm not antisocial, just quiet. I've noticed that next door's M2M section is heavy in the Rolex department, a lot of EU only sales and not super active. Don't get me wrong, it's a great forum and is a great source of information... but this forum seems to have a much more active M2M section with a nice variety of reps and more CONUS sellers.

Makes me wonder whether or not the membership over here is more diverse or maybe more CONUS centric? I see a ton of members here that are active over on the other site, so it's definitely not an "either or" thing but clearly a "both are great" type of thing.

I still hit both forum's M2M every day, but this forum's M2M seems to have something new every time I check... again, just makes me wonder what makes them so different. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
One thing that probably has a bearing is that the mods are much more vigilant here dealing with m2m sales and any issue that might arise, give people more confidence to buy and sell on Rwi

Reactions: Katarsis and Dmage

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
RWI has a more strict format in place with approval process, this creates a solid feel of trust with any buyer! RG with its who I choose to sell seems to make you worthy to get a sale. I have had success with both formats and really respect these forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill_C

21/10/19
RWI has a more strict format in place with approval process, this creates a solid feel of trust with any buyer!

Great observation. I was a little surprised the first time I visited the M2M section and saw that the sales required approval, but when I saw how diligent the mods were about wanting better pictures or proof of service where service was mentioned, well, I suddenly saw the light. You're right, that probably has a lot to do with it. Plus, I saw how the mods tracked down a couple of scammers and put the screws to them. Again, made me happy to see how serious it's taken here.

Reactions: Katarsis

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
gilrob That's also what I would consider next door. macarone mentioned RG which i would assume is RepGeek and the Op never mentioned a site. RWG Mods are diligent and vigilant but there is no "green light" needed to sell. It has a more casual feel but is still effectively moderated IMHO. I have bought numerous watches on both sites all with solid results.

Reactions: macarone

Bill_C

21/10/19
gilrob That's also what I would consider next door. macarone mentioned RG which i would assume is RepGeek and the Op never mentioned a site. RWG Mods are diligent and vigilant but there is no "green light" needed to sell. It has a more casual feel but is still effectively moderated IMHO. I have bought numerous watches on both sites all with solid results.

I consider RWG next door... I'm not on RepGeek but have been on RWG for a little over a year. Not really active, more of a lurker looking for M2M deals.

It's a well moderated forum, just not as many M2M sales listed as over here, and that's what I was getting at. What shows up on RWG tends to be Rolex more than anything else... not that they don't have others, but man, Rolex out the wazoo. And most seem to be EU sales only. It's been nice to see a really wide variety over here with plenty listed with CONUS shipping options. Again, not knocking RWG, just mentioning my observation.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
RWG.bz is our sister forum. The boss here is the boss on both fora. RWG does indeed tend to be more Euro-centric and a huge cohort of the active members are from the UK. RWI tends to be more international with a large percentage of the membership based in CONUS. RWI is generally rather busier but we have so many active members in common. When we have been hacked in the past a lot of RWI members have gone over to RWG for their daily fix.

I like both but the culture of both are somewhat different. I go to RWG for my holidays and I really like it over there :)

Bill_C

21/10/19
RWG.bz is our sister forum. The boss here is the boss on both fora. RWG does indeed tend to be more Euro-centric and a huge cohort of the active members are from the UK. RWI tends to be more international with a large percentage of the membership based in CONUS. RWI is generally rather busier but we have so many active members in common. When we have been hacked in the past a lot of RWI members have gone over to RWG for their daily fix.

I like both but the culture of both are somewhat different. I go to RWG for my holidays and I really like it over there :)

Thanks C Master, you just summarized and confirmed exactly what I suspected.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I found RWG first, but I found myself here more often just because m2m here is so much more active