• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying Local

Stinkyfish

Horology Curious
1/10/19
Hey I’m new here and have been trawling the sales forum for some time now. There are some great deals to be had by members and am keen to get my first rep, maybe even build up a small collection over time.

I see a lot of sales go through fine but knowing my luck I will encounter issues with the transaction and possibly even loose my cash. I was wondering if it would be ok to create a post to ask if anyone local (region in the U.K.) have the model I’m interested in for sale. I don’t see anyone else posting these in wanted from what I could see.

Ta Stinky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Go to the “Want to buy” section and post what you are looking for. If anyone has it they will post on the thread or contact you. Be sure to request a reserved sales thread, DO NOT buy something through pm only as you will have no protection from the mods if you go that route. The seller will create a sales thread, reserved in your name, get mod approval to be able to sell it, and then you would purchase said watch.

As far as getting it local, it can happen but the chances are lower. We do have quite a few members who are from the UK though so you never know. Good luck to you!

Reactions: Stinkyfish

Stinkyfish

Horology Curious
1/10/19
Thanks for the advice rawbe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/19
UK Midlands
I was like you and worried about the first purchase, payment issues etc. I looked at an intermediary dealer in the UK but didn’t like their tone when I emailed them. I ended up talking to Joshua at perfect clones TD, he has a uk bank you can do a bank transfer to, he’s responsive and I’m waiting delivery of my third watch (only ordered on Monday and it’s already been shipped with tracking available). Other TDs may be good but making a bank transfer in £ with no funny exchange rate fees and a 5% discount feels a lot safer and is cheaper. Happy to help, send pics etc if you want.