• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wearing a rep

pokerbotme

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/2/19
Curious.. Do you guys try to pass your reps off as real? Have you ever been called out by someone with good eye?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I don’t think anyone can tell the watch is a Rep from arms length. The only person getting closer is my wife. The only way to get called out is by purchasing a low quality rep for cheap money. Most people don’t even know the name of the watches other than Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

pokerbotme

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/2/19
I don’t think anyone can tell the watch is a Rep from arms length. The only person getting closer is my wife. The only way to get called out is by purchasing a low quality rep for cheap money. Most people don’t even know the name of the watches other than Rolex.

Very true.. seems outside of Rolex or Omega none watch people have no idea what Tudor or audemar piguet is.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It's been asked and answered many times. Also, it's a bit distasteful to pass your rep off as genuine...

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Curious.. Do you guys try to pass your reps off as real? Have you ever been called out by someone with good eye?

No, reps are reps. Why lie about them? You bought the watch with hard earn money, so wear it with confidence.
No one but a rude person would ever call out your rep, and who care what a cretin thinks.
Having say that, I would still avoid the gaudy, blingy reps... I mean, unless you are a rapper or Odell.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I tell people my reps are reps and my gens are gens. Let people admire your reps and gens.