• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone get called out with a rep?

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
woah sir that is a lot a lot of watches ! may i know whats your age?

I am old. I am not some young kid who is trying to look rich. I just have a hobby collecting and an addiction to watches.

BTW, you posted all over the place here, and it looks like you have multiple accounts. Are you going to sell a watch soon?

Gh0stVintage

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/11/19
On the Mariana's Web
I am old. I am not some young kid who is trying to look rich. I just have a hobby collecting and an addiction to watches.

BTW, you posted all over the place here, and it looks like you have multiple accounts. Are you going to sell a watch soon?

lovely, i have the same hobby as you ;), nope just trying my best to familiarise and build up some good knowledge. right now i am into rolex vintages, got hook in it. i am trying to hunt some good vintage build here.

repboy19

Known Member
9/6/19
USA
Depends on the quality of rep you get! I had a DHgate hulk at one point that I paid $250 for and it fooled my gen enthusiast brother! Haha hit or miss to be honest but if you buy from a trusted dealer/ modder I’m assuming you’ll fly under the radar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc1221

30/4/14
It really depends on who is looking at it. Most of my friends and family know a lot of my watches are reps. I do have some gens as well.

I have a few watch nerds that do know quite a bit. I do challenge them sometimes. Ask them if the watch I’m wearing is gen or not. Most of the times, they get it wrong. The only ones that I have been called out on were vintage ones. Mainly because my friends know that I wouldn’t buy a $20-$50k watch. Especially with a newborn.

They know damn well that I wouldn’t spend that much on a watch when I have a baby. Babies ain’t cheap. Lol.

And as others have said. It really depends on the watch and who is wearing it. If you’re driving a Honda Civic or whatever cheap cars, live in a crappy apartment and wear a Richard Mille, everybody’s gonna know that’s fake. It just wouldn’t make sense to spend half a million on a watch and the rest of your lifestyle looks like a collage student’s lifestyle.

That’s just me though.

Last edited:
Reactions: SRBJKU

TudorGstaad

28/6/19
As in my experience, i own a seiko diver, and a tag heuer 1000 ( fully original, mint condition ) and had a tudor 79090 sub rep, and recently i became the proud owner of the noob v10 116610LN. I bought the tudor sub because i thought it was a nice vintage watch and its not mainstream and the v10 because i simply couldn't get an gen anywhere because i only would buy it brand new at the AD but the waiting list is forever here in NL. Since i own the reps i got a few looks and compliments while i was at places like beach-clubs etc and of course dressed in swimming pants etc. I got compliments too when im in my suit for work ( fx broker ) and to be honest i couldn't care less about if somebody would think it is a fake or whatever, i like the watch and thats the only thing thats important !

John1

Known Member
20/10/15
Like some others, I'm older and this is a hobby. I've got close to a dozen in rotation (gens and reps), and they are always remarked on. A colleague is a watch aficionado, and he noticed my Black Bay at a conference. He took a reasonably close look, and complimented me on a nice watch. All my watches make sense for my lifestyle and income level, so there is every reason to assume they are real. No worries about being called out.

Reactions: TudorGstaad

Savage Alpaca

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/19
The only rep watch I own is an explorer 1, and I wear it on a nato strap. Like others have said, It fits my income level, so nobody questions it, but I dont wear it to be flashy anyways.

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Not sure it’s a call out? I wore my AP RG diver on SMP strap to wife’s real estate Xmas party. Meet and greet the whole 9 yards with It casually layered under dress shirt/ sports coat. Seen a few nice pieces through out the night, ended up noticing a gentleman with Nautilus that joined us at the table it was worn under a casual sweater however he is seen without it later in the evening......

Did he remove it because it was a rep and did not want to be called out or vice versa by sparing the conversation?

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I agree, the main criterion for the probability of a call is the correspondence of hours in design and cost to the general image of a person. I wear pam299 now as everyday, and no one ever spares me any questions. When I wore 127 as everyday, there was more attention, but only positive, because most of them can’t appreciate the value of the original, and stylistically they suited me, despite the fact that I can not afford them in gen.
However, I always wanted to try the AP and bought 26170 black themes, which look rather discreet with respect to the AP, and are not as expensive on the secondary as most. As a result, I could not get along with them, because, this is not a watch of my income level, and they attract attention. As a result, before I sold them, I wore them only on a day off.
Even if I changed my priorities in spending, saved and bought gen AP, it probably caused misunderstanding on the part of those with whom I work. I consider the conclusion: to wear a watch that you like, and one that you feel organically with. If there is no sense of conformity, there is always a chance that people around you in life will tell you this)

Gucciboy36

8/12/19
The real Person who be able to tell you if a rep or not is the rep fan
i have some Friends Who are watch Addict and when we Made the comparaison between my gen 116610ln and my rep 116610lv are not able to day which one is fake

Gucciboy36

8/12/19
The real Person who be able to tell you if a rep or not is the rep fan
i have some Friends Who are watch Addict and when we Made the comparaison between my gen 116610ln and my rep 116610lv are not able to day which one is fake