• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep watch ordered stuck in customs

Fredilein

Horology Curious
14/8/19
Austria
I ordered my first rep watch from a TD and he sent the watch directly to Austria instead of triangled shipping over UK. Now I received a letter from the Austrian customs in which I have to declare whats the value of the goods inide are and ad a invoice and my payment slip. My question is now, should I answer this letter or should I send them nothing?
thanks for your help

owk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/18
I ordered my first rep watch from a TD and he sent the watch directly to Austria instead of triangled shipping over UK. Now I received a letter from the Austrian customs in which I have to declare whats the value of the goods inide are and ad a invoice and my payment slip. My question is now, should I answer this letter or should I send them nothing?
thanks for your help

Well, I guess you can ask your TD for advice. I had this problem before when ordering clothes from taobao with superbuy. It got stuck at customs and they gave me an fake invoice for the clothes so atleast I paid less taxes. I taxed it and they released it without opening it.

owk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/18
Sounds good but the customs also asked next to the bill for proof of payment.

Yeah.. I gave them a proof.

The funny thing is I paid on superbuy and paid for the shipping sperate. So I could have superbuy give me an fake invoice matching exactly the other costs excluding the shipping.

I guess this was just some general procedure with EMS.. but I had real luck because on the invoice there was "casual sneaker" and sneakers is a damn risk in germany. The parcel was big too.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sounds good but the customs also asked next to the bill for proof of payment.

As I said earlier, explain the situation with your TD. Your TD will provide you with the documents that customs require. Provide a copy of the letter that you received from customs to your TD.