• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Payment Options Rant

tictoc1987

Horology Curious
10/9/19
Just a quick rant and I may even get a solution to my problem. Been a lurker around here (and Reddit) for some time but finally decided to make a few purchases. I absolutely love timepieces and am thoroughly impressed with the build quality and level of detail that goes into a lot of these watches.

Made an order with Jtime as well as Puretime. Decided to go the BTC route for the discount as well as the security of it. Fully verified through coinbase with a debit card as well as checking account. As luck would have it, they placed a 17-day hold on the BTC purchased with the bank account. Great, I'll just buy some with the debit card as they are instantly available...i get hit with $100 dollar a week max. Well, shit I'll just use Xoom. ... Nope, they call immediately and even after I have verified I want to indeed send the money, they cancel the transaction "to protect me from fraud". At this point, I am frustrated and not sure what other options. Perhaps, Privacy.com and just deal with the fees? Fairly tech savvy but I don't see any other options.

Any help?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Find a TD that still accepts Western Union or MoneyGram, before BitCoin most TDs used these payment methods. I sorta missed those days, TDs recieved their payments literally within minutes.

tictoc1987

Horology Curious
10/9/19
Find a TD that still accepts Western Union or MoneyGram, before BitCoin most TDs used these payment methods. I sorta missed those days, TDs recieved their payments literally within minutes.

Appreciate the input. I'm also located in Vegas.

pauwus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/19
I've found Transferwise is definitely one of the best ways to pay a TD if they accept it. Bank transfer in about 8 hours with very small fee's and no hidden charges. Easy and fast, defo recommended.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jnathanday

Horology Curious
27/11/17
I just paid with Western Union and they won't release the money to the TD. For a security concern. Now I have 210 in China that no one can claim since I can't find the 4-foot long receipt from Walgreens. So much for receives the money in minutes theory.