• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why so hard to post a pic ?

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Just spent 3 hours trying to post pics.

No matter what URL i use from Imgur i cant get the pic to stay after i post the thread.

the pic is visible while writing the post, but when i press post, it posts with no pics showing.

The guide for posting pics here is so out of date it does not relate to the process on the editor.

Some help please before in smash my head against a wall :bang: too late :picard:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

No matter what URL i use from Imgur i cant get the pic to stay after i post the thread.

the pic is visible while writing the post, but when i press post, it posts with no pics showing.

The guide for posting pics here is so out of date it does not relate to the process on the editor.

Some help please before in smash my head against a wall :bang: too late :picard:

Because imgur has banned RWI ....try a different image host and use the full BBCode

Reactions: Mark L

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Thanks for the flame free response

No really thanks it worked

maybe a little update on that old sticky by a MOD might help as well.

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Because imgur has banned RWI ....try a different image host and use the full BBCode

An Image hosting site banned RWI because people use it to host images they want to post?

Thats a bit f***ed up init?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
An Image hosting site banned RWI because people use it to host images they want to post?

well i think we over whelmed them

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

Indeed it is, but put you in their shoes : we are basically bandwidth leecher, they earn nothing thanks to us (people with ad-blockers and previously we had a direct plugin to upload on them without even going on their website).
At some point they have to pay the bills and the balance is not good if they only let traffic out without having money in for that traffic.

Truth is, RWI is so big on images that most host will sooner or later show the bandwidth limit image, we are starting to get them with imagebb already

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Indeed it is, but put you in their shoes : we are basically bandwidth leecher, they earn nothing thanks to us (people with ad-blockers and previously we had a direct plugin to upload on them without even going on their website).
At some point they have to pay the bills and the balance is not good if they only let traffic out without having money in for that traffic.

Truth is, RWI is so big on images that most host will sooner or later show the bandwidth limit image, we are starting to get them with imagebb already

That's good news, I only have accounts on 5 image hosting sites, getting a 6th account set up will be really exiting.

Reactions: DeCrow

alpride4ever

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/12
Welp... I'll read the pic post tutorial again lol sorry guys

Last edited:

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19

try this https://imgbb.com/ don't need to create account. copy the embedded link on to this forum.

something like this.

1. go to https://imgbb.com/
2. Drag your file in the [Start Uploading] tab
3. Once done. Click [Upload] tab
4. Click copy on the Embed codes.
5. Paste into you forum post.
6. Click preview to see if the image is shown correctly.
7. If all is good click [Post Reply] else click [Close] to cancel post.

Reactions: Mark L

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
try this https://imgbb.com/ don't need to create account. copy the embedded link on to this forum.

something like this.

1. go to https://imgbb.com/
2. Drag your file in the [Start Uploading] tab
3. Once done. Click [Upload] tab
4. Click copy on the Embed codes.
5. Paste into you forum post.
6. Click preview to see if the image is shown correctly.
7. If all is good click [Post Reply] else click [Close] to cancel post.

Thanks. This is what i did when i was having problems posting.
I open an account though not realising i could just upload and post without one.

This is great advise for anyone with the same problem.