• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC help

robalderman

Looking Around
17/8/19
I’m brand new to this hobby, so any help is welcome. I just ordered my first reps, and received QC photos. How do I know what’s an acceptable amount of imperfection?

In this case, a bezel on a GMT that doesn’t line up perfectly at 12:00? (It’s close)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
You will know by reading up on the watch you are interested in before buying. Staying here for a while, reading tons of information will tell you what to expect. We can't do that job for you, that's also why QC pics are not allowed unless you have something very specific to ask about.

But never forget. You are buying a rep. Not a gen. If you reject that watch, will the other one be better, or maybe have a definite imperfection that you cannot live with?Will the TD exchange the watch a third time.....?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tucker

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
A bezel insert can be adjusted relatively easily - not a reason to reject.

Reactions: Tucker

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Just popped my insert out on a Sub to realign - easy

hare9lon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/19
SF Bay Area
One of the biggest things I've learned from reading here is that close up QC pictures are not how you will be viewing your watch on a daily basis. Consider if these imperfections are noticeable on the wrist and if you can live with them. Will you notice that bezel being slightly off at a glance?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
If you think there is a problem with a watch you can post a QC pic to garner opinion . You can't however just post your TD pics for the forum to QC your watch for you .
This may sound stupid , and stupid to the forum ! Is it an insert that needs popping out and straightening or is that the bezel has been turned one click shy or too far . I only ask because a newbie posted the same problem recently . However the bezel insert was fine the bezel was just set one click towards 11 O'clock , all that the TD needed to do was turn the bezel and reset at 12 o'clock .:D