• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where do you take your rep if it is broken?

Ruj.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/14
Europe
Feel a little uncomfortable to just take it to a jeweler but I don’t know any alternative.
How do you guys do that?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Members who joined in '14 and '15 respectively asking this question? Wowsers! I hate the flame-free zone. But to assist, I take my watch to the post office when it's broken.

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
unreformed66 Just repaired one of my watches.
I have another one I need to send, but unreformed owned up to not being able to repair it (an over complicated rep) so on someone’s referral I messaged member Vaccum, back on the 19th, but he has yet to respond,

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
GingerBubba . Offered the best advice possible. He forgot a step or three like contacting a forum watchsmith and getting the mailing address. Also Ruj. Some information on the issue, what watch and your location will get you more pointed advice.

Reactions: balance27

Ruj.

27/2/14
Europe
Will check the above mentioned section (again but better). Forgot to write the watch is in Europe. Not the best idea to ship it to the us then.
Never had an issue before on any of my Seadwellers but now one of them sounds like it is not adjusted to anything anymore and complete loose in it’s case.

rxc330

Known Member
24/7/19
Will check the above mentioned section (again but better). Forgot to write the watch is in Europe. Not the best idea to ship it to the us then.
Never had an issue before on any of my Seadwellers but now one of them sounds like it is not adjusted to anything anymore and complete loose in it’s case.

you can most likely find someone in the EU to work on it.

Ruj.

27/2/14
Europe
Thanks! That helps (-:
sorry I’m not able to find everything myself. I don’t undertstand every word I read and age is getting in the way on all this modern media.
cheers

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
I have had a similar dilemma to yours when I started with this hobby. I figured no one would be willing to work on reps, so I invested in tools and equipment and now I fix my watches by myself. They are like little Ferraris. When they work, they are a joy, but at any given moment at least a few are broken, awaiting repairs :).

Reactions: Raddave

Ruj.

27/2/14
Europe
I have had a similar dilemma to yours when I started with this hobby. I figured no one would be willing to work on reps, so I invested in tools and equipment and now I fix my watches by myself. They are like little Ferraris. When they work, they are a joy, but at any given moment at least a few are broken, awaiting repairs :).

Only thing is that I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable at the garagist ;)

Reactions: DavidModic

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
None of my reps have broken down yet, but if one does break I'll send it to the nearest RWI approved watch smith.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Most repair shops will work on an ETA, be careful on the modded movements. It is not against the law to own a rep, so don't be afraid of that. They are happy to get the business.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
It is not against the law to own a rep, so don't be afraid of that.
In Europe it is. (But it’s pretty unlikely that you 'd get a custom control at a watchsmith)

Last edited:

PurePete

21/8/19
Aust
Most repair shops will work on an ETA, be careful on the modded movements. It is not against the law to own a rep, so don't be afraid of that. They are happy to get the business.

Just don't take it to a Rolex AD ... lol ;)