Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

Where do you take your rep if it is broken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the respectful and useful comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most repair shops will work on an ETA, be careful on the modded movements. It is not against the law to own a rep, so don't be afraid of that. They are happy to get the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Timegonbye View Post
        It is not against the law to own a rep, so don't be afraid of that.
        In Europe it is. (But it’s pretty unlikely that you 'd get a custom control at a watchsmith)
        Last edited by heska; 15-09-19, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Timegonbye View Post
          Most repair shops will work on an ETA, be careful on the modded movements. It is not against the law to own a rep, so don't be afraid of that. They are happy to get the business.
          Just don't take it to a Rolex AD ... lol

Comment

Originally posted by PurePete View Post

Just don't take it to a Rolex AD ... lol
            Just out of curiosity, what happens when you do?
            (I don't/won’t own any Rolex reps)

Comment

Originally posted by Eatdirtfartdust View Post

I haven't done it but I'd imagine the experience wouldn't be pleasant.

Comment

They will remove the watch , with your arm still attached to it
                QFOAHDT

Comment

Apparently, nothing happens. They treat you like any other customer. There are threads on this forum, where people with connections to ADs claim that the official policy is never to confront potential customers. I do not do this regularly or with ulterior motives, but it just so happened that I went to an Omega boutique in an airport (while waiting for a flight) with a Seamaster rep on my wrist - they had the meteorite dial speedmaster and I wanted to see it up close. The replicas never came up. The dealer noticed my Seamaster, commented something along the lines of what a nicely preserved 2535.80 and I said thanks, your 2531 (or whatever) is nice too. We then chatted for a while, I looked at the speedy, made polite conversation and then left.

Comment

I have visited a few ad’s in the past years and I noticed they never mention the watch I’m wearing (gen). It could indeed be policy just to take no chance and ingore the cutomer’s watch. No risk (-:
                    Why does it say: "who has the best Sub"? I don't care...

Comment

Shills

Comment

Originally posted by Balboa View Post
                        Shills
                        What’s that?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidModic View Post

Apparently, nothing happens. They treat you like any other customer. There are threads on this forum, where people with connections to ADs claim that the official policy is never to confront potential customers. I do not do this regularly or with ulterior motives, but it just so happened that I went to an Omega boutique in an airport (while waiting for a flight) with a Seamaster rep on my wrist - they had the meteorite dial speedmaster and I wanted to see it up close. The replicas never came up. The dealer noticed my Seamaster, commented something along the lines of what a nicely preserved 2535.80 and I said thanks, your 2531 (or whatever) is nice too. We then chatted for a while, I looked at the speedy, made polite conversation and then left.
                          Every AD I've been in, they are simply sales people who wouldn't know if your watch is rep or Gen anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruj. View Post
                            I have visited a few ad’s in the past years and I noticed they never mention the watch I’m wearing (gen). It could indeed be policy just to take no chance and ingore the cutomer’s watch. No risk (-:
                            I mean really why should they? You're a potential customer and the watch already bought shouldn't matter to them, it's not their job to discredit you or shame you for wearing a replica. Their job is to provide you a pleasant service and try to sell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by heska View Post
                              In Europe it is. (But it’s pretty unlikely that you 'd get a custom control at a watchsmith)
                              Yes, I am strictly talking about United States, as for Europe, if it's illegal to own, then finding a good watchsmith here on RWI, I imagine would be the best recourse.

Comment

have send it to Logixa and got it back in perfect working condition.
                                good to have an adress like that in the Netherlands

Comment

Working...
                                X