• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ever purchased anything from Chattime.me?

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
Good day everyone, was just wondering if anyone ever purchased anything from a website called Chattime.me?

Yes, I know, that's why we have a list of trusted sellers, not to risk our money on random websites, but I discovered the forum after investing my hard earned cash into a JKF Tudor Sub from the above website :) This was done a couple of weeks back and my order is still being processed...Perhaps this might have something to do with the rumoured factory raids?

Paid with a virtual card from Revolut, so no risk of future fraud.

They are very responsive to emails and on the website messenger but never give a straight answer, only got 'we're getting your watch ready, for you to have a perfect watch' so far from a person called 'Sally'.

It seems they might have 'borrowed' product photos from Chazingtime and use the email address [email protected], which when googled comes up with 100 other websites with the same contact details.

So, is it me or this smells fishy?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Good day everyone, was just wondering if anyone ever purchased anything from a website called Chattime.me?

Yes, I know, that's why we have a list of trusted sellers, not to risk our money on random websites, but I discovered the forum after investing my hard earned cash into a JKF Tudor Sub from the above website :) This was done a couple of weeks back and my order is still being processed...Perhaps this might have something to do with the rumoured factory raids?

Paid with a virtual card from Revolut, so no risk of future fraud.

They are very responsive to emails and on the website messenger but never give a straight answer, only got 'we're getting your watch ready, for you to have a perfect watch' so far from a person called 'Sally'.

It seems they might have 'borrowed' product photos from Chazingtime and use the email address [email protected], which when googled comes up with 100 other websites with the same contact details.

So, is it me or this smells fishy?

You might be okay. They have pictures of real replica watches and not gens so they have that going for them. They also identify the correct factories for the watches. You will probably get a watch but it may be sh!tty and overpriced. They don't appear to be a a complete scam site.

Reactions: Solution6

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
Thought I'd leave an update on this for any internet travellers that might come across the same issue as I did.

After two weeks of waiting and a few generic updates of 'we're preparing your watch', I asked Sally to give it to me straight and it turned out that the watch ordered was not even in stock at the factory they use.

The problem is that correspondence gets picked up by other team members which will give you a generic quick update hoping you'll just forget about it. (my 2 cents on this)

Anyway, asked for a refund which was done right away and a refund page screenshot was provided but with a wait time of 2-4 weeks for it to get processes by the bank.

Happy days, I hope :)

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Thought I'd leave an update on this for any internet travellers that might come across the same issue as I did.

After two weeks of waiting and a few generic updates of 'we're preparing your watch', I asked Sally to give it to me straight and it turned out that the watch ordered was not even in stock at the factory they use.

The problem is that correspondence gets picked up by other team members which will give you a generic quick update hoping you'll just forget about it. (my 2 cents on this)

Anyway, asked for a refund and they lied to me right away and a fake refund page screenshot was provided but with a wait time of 2-4 millennia for it to get processes by the bank.

Got royally butt fucked by Raoul, I hope :)

Corrected some misconceptions on your part.

Reactions: wubsub and Rx4Time

Watchguy0702

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/19
I thought I'd share my experience with Sally or "Raoul".
I purchased a PP 5711 blue dial last Tuesday from one of their websites and was a little worried because I found this forum after the fact. But to my surprise they are incredibly responsive( Generic answers) but still responsive. They emailed me about 6 days later saying that they had just shipped the watch and its on its way. It's now in the hands of DHL. Although I had one question, is it odd to not receive QC pictures? I asked for them about two days before it shipped. I'm thinking they just forgot about them. Thoughts?

Overall happy so far about the process, maybe we should think about adding "Sally" to a "Dealer in training" section.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I thought I'd share my experience with Sally or "Raoul".
I purchased a PP 5711 blue dial last Tuesday from one of their websites and was a little worried because I found this forum after the fact. But to my surprise they are incredibly responsive( Generic answers) but still responsive. They emailed me about 6 days later saying that they had just shipped the watch and its on its way. It's now in the hands of DHL. Although I had one question, is it odd to not receive QC pictures? I asked for them about two days before it shipped. I'm thinking they just forgot about them. Thoughts?

Overall happy so far about the process, maybe we should think about adding "Sally" to a "Dealer in training" section.

Who knows what's in the parcel - maybe you should wait until your watch arrives before we put them on the Trusted Dealers list.

Reactions: stufuse

Watchguy0702

23/8/19
Just an update:
the package was officially picked up today and is making its way through the DHL processes. However I have one question. The package is marked as a time instrument. Should I be worried about them flagging the package or since it’s a very small package and my first order from over seas I shouldn’t worry too much? Please let me know

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Just an update:
the package was officially picked up today and is making its way through the DHL processes. However I have one question. The package is marked as a time instrument. Should I be worried about them flagging the package or since it’s a very small package and my first order from over seas I shouldn’t worry too much? Please let me know

TBO , I think most people - even Customs Agents - will guess it's a watch inside.

I suggest you pack a bag - passport, 2 changes of underware and at least 5k in cash. Put this under the bed, just in case. If they come knocking, just grab that bag and run.

Last edited:

Watchguy0702

23/8/19
Lol
But recently many people have found that DHL is the safest way to ship things. So as fun as packing that bag sounds, I think I’ll be okay????

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Lol
But recently many people have found that DHL is the safest way to ship things. So as fun as packing that bag sounds, I think I’ll be okay????

If there are potentially import taxes to be collected in the receivers country then it's highly likely DHL will want to know what's in the parcel - being paid for collecting import taxes for governments makes up large part of their revenue.

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
And a side note to this whole adventure - actually got my refund this morning!

Funds to invest in my next project :)

Reactions: Tucker

Watchguy0702

23/8/19
Hey just a final update. I got the watch and it’s absolutely stunning. I had no problems with DHL at all and it came in two days!! I honestly can’t believe my luck on this! I think we should start to advertise “Sally” a bit.