• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mistake>Retribution(..?)

fivecentdeposit

Horology Curious
14/8/19
Hello People of RWI,

Pt. 1–Mistake
I’m fresh-off-the-boat to the rep world and I have to say I love everyone on this sites enthusiasm a great deal—it’s pretty neat how heady y’all are with your watch knowledge, also the avoidance of paying full retail by super rep hunting is genius... you guys are awesome.

So, after reading one—and only one—article that did little more than explain the existence of this watch, I felt as though I had sufficiently done my research and ordered this “NOOB 904L V8 2836” from a seller on DHGate... apparently yikes. Turns out the only knowledge I was equipped with prior to completing the sale was actually not much (if any) at all.

Having failed to dig any deeper I inadvertently neglected to utilize the wealth of information available here (i.e. order from TD, ensure QC, et al such important steps to follow during the process)—sooo I’m wondering how I did..? Cyclops alignment aside, are there any glaring issues I can improve in attempts to do a little after-the-fact QC? If so please let me know, I'd really appreciate it...

https://ibb.co/C66H3Nm

Pt. 2 — Retribution (?)
I realize this is likely an optimistic outlook on whether or not part 2 constitutes “retribution”, as I’ve read that Portuguese are not easy reps to make... either way, I feel much better that I followed up this novice ball-drop by purchasing the IWC IW371446 ZF V3 after going through the proper, recommended channels with the nice folks at InTime. Does anyone have any input on this rep..? I’ve read some good things, but I’d love some feedback from people who know more than me.

I apologize for the length of my inaugural post here... I know there’s something to be said about brevity, however I just wanted to get this all out in one shot. If you’re still here, I appreciate you tons—thanks for any input you’re willing to float my way, cheers!

- Ryan

fivecentdeposit

Horology Curious
14/8/19
I've just sold a ZF IWC spitfire because I found it to big for my wrist at 43mm, as I'm a big fan of IWC I'm desperate to replace it and it will be with a 3714,
it was reading this thread that persuaded me it was the right choice

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ese-3714-review-including-movement-break-down

just ensure that you do get the V3 with the slim 79350 clone movement,

and welcome to the forum

I did order the V3 based on the new movement... I had no idea how it came to be tho, just that it’s apparently pretty great!

Is it bad form to reference repgeeks here or is everybody okay with anyone who’s enjoying the same thing..? Hoping I get a pass as a noobie if the prior applies, however what sealed the deal for me was the side-by-side they posted—it looks pretty good to me!

https://www.repgeek.com/iwc/299303-...ese-chronograph-3714-zf-v3-vs-gen-review.html

fivecentdeposit

Horology Curious
14/8/19
Also, would either of you be willing to assist with an additional eye once I receive the QC pics from TD to make sure I don’t impulsively jump on the first one I’m offered if the right move would be to request a second..?

*esp you, Spitfire53–I definitely trust your judgement re IWC at this point.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I did order the V3 based on the new movement... I had no idea how it came to be tho, just that it’s apparently pretty great!

Is it bad form to reference repgeeks here or is everybody okay with anyone who’s enjoying the same thing..? Hoping I get a pass as a noobie if the prior applies, however what sealed the deal for me was the side-by-side they posted—it looks pretty good to me!

https://www.repgeek.com/iwc/299303-...ese-chronograph-3714-zf-v3-vs-gen-review.html

As far as I'm aware it's not frowned apon to reference Repgeek have seen it done and I have a couple of times without comment.

Reactions: fivecentdeposit

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Also, would either of you be willing to assist with an additional eye once I receive the QC pics from TD to make sure I don’t impulsively jump on the first one I’m offered if the right move would be to request a second..?

*esp you, Spitfire53–I definitely trust your judgement re IWC at this point.

its against forum rules to post QC pictures unless you have a genuine concern over a specific aspect of the watch, I personally think this could be relaxed for a new members first purchase just for their peace of mind, but that's the rules

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Wish I could be more helpful in your hunt for info, but wanted to say it’s nice to read a humble newbie post.
I have a 3878 I love and 43mm isn’t too big but have also been curious about a Portuguese.

Reactions: fivecentdeposit