• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Winding 2824-2 Clone on Breitling Transocean Day & Date

ShotsFired

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/19
I just got my first rep and first automatic movement watch. Which direction should the crown be turned to wind the watch? Looking at the crown, turning it clockwise has some resistance and makes a bit of noise. Turning it counter clockwise is smoother and has little clicks to it. It may be fully wound and I'm not forcing it until I know how it works.

I also have a slight issue that the leather strap is missing the second holder for the extra strap that sticks through the buckle. I bought the watch from a TD from another site and the QC pics I got didn't show the strap fully, so it's not something I just missed. What's the right way to handle that with the dealer? I'm not sure how this industry works on issues like that. Other than that I'm super happy.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Manual-wind is clockwise. With an automatic movement such as the A2824, I'd wind a couple of turns to get the second ticking and then wear the watch. The rotor inside should wind the watch's mainspring. The watch will be fully wound by end of the day.

Should your rep Breitling strap come with a second keeper? My Breitling GMT does. If it shows in the TD's watch page, then you should definitely email the TD. He may ship you the part for free. Or, you can look for the keeper online. Lots of Aliexpress vendor sell rep Breitling straps.

And, welcome to the addiction.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It's impossible to overwind a 2824 unless something is wrong with it, there's a clutch which prevents overwinding. Turning the crown clockwise winds it and counterclockwise doesn't. This is why the difference between resistance. I personally fully charge my watches upon setting them. Typically about 40 turns of the crown. Only movement I'd caution against this is the 7750 as they tend to strip the keyless gears due to the high torque design of the manual winding.

ShotsFired

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/19
Thanks so much guys! I just wanted to make sure that noise was good and not something wrong. The rotor noise is also new to me, never having had an automatic watch before. Already looking at my next watches.