• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Average time to receive watch from TD?

Thugnasty7

Horology Curious
6/6/19
I'm new here but what is the average time to receive watch if purchased from a TD? I hear it could take months based on some threads I read. Have there been issues other than possible delays ordering of a TD?

sergiofp94

11/2/19
Spain
I’ve bought 3 in total, from InTime and also PureTime.

Since I placed and payed the order until they shipped it it took about 5-7 days. (When paying with crypto currency it takes a bit longer, since you have to wait until they confirm the payment and so on)
The delivery took 2-3 day from Hong Kong to Spain.

I’d say 7-10 days total.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

Jpt1991

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/19
Im new here but have some experience here already.

1) size of the TD, if you go through one of the major TD's you have to keep in mind they have a queue list of customers they need to take care of. By the time they get to your order it make take some time.

2) the availability of the watch you want. Does the TD have the watch you want in stock or will they have to source it? If they themselves have to source it then you need to adjust your timeline expectations

3) shipping service used and location of both parties.

All in all have patience

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks, yeah most likely I will go with the large TDs on my first purchase

To be safe I always figure 30 days from start to receipt of the watch In the U.S. However, it is usually much less.

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
It varies widely on lots of factors. Best practice is patience. Order it and forget about it until it arrives makes it so much more enjoyable.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Reason to my three month wait (as I posted above) was that I used one of the slowest TD's on here, but on the other hand one of the most thorough ones. The process with the TD took around a month, but when shipped I believe it was returned to the TD three or four times before it actually made it out of the country on it's way to me. Never happened before and boy did that mess take a long time :D

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
As you'll see, the experience is different for everyone and vary from dealer to dealer and country to country. My personal experience ordering from our TDs and having it shipped to CONUS has been as quick as two weeks to as long as a month, month and a half. All this from the time I paid, reviewed QC to having it show up at my door.

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
For me, after payment, takes about a month. That's because I use regular mail for shipping. As said above, depends on a lot of factors . Watch availability, how you accept or reject your QC pics, shipping method use, customs in your country, sometimes customs is China also plays a factor.

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
To some EU countries triangular shipping is required. E.g. shipped via the UK, then on to mainland Europe. This takes around 4 weeks.

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
With recent raids expect longer than the norm. Usually 10 days for me but this time its a month.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

caldofreddo

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
11/7/19
mine was very quick
send on the second after chinese holiday arrived this week !!! china post to EU

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I am on the west coast of US, and shipment to me from China typically takes 3 weeks unless the package is lost or seized, which happened a few times.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/19
UK Midlands
With recent raids expect longer than the norm. Usually 10 days for me but this time its a month.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I nearly fell for the "In stock" against a NOOB Daytona on one of the TDs website but before I ordered I queried it because of the factory raids. At least I had an honest response that it was going to be 2-3 weeks or more before any stock. Im still a newbie but patience certainly seems to be a requirement as is an understanding its nothing like buying from Amazon.