• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Am I expecting too much on this QC Pic?

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Just got these BB58 QC pics from Chazing, but I feel that the 6:00 marker is not aligned properly and the symmetry of the watch is also off. Am I expecting too much? Should reps be symmetrical?

In the pic below, the middle of the markers do not line up with the marker directly across

VsgVfQ.png

Also, is this orange underlay supposed to be there?
Vsg6zf.png

A few more QC pics.
VsNLwL.jpg

VsN4de.jpg

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I think your post highlights perfectly the issue with QC pictures when they are blown up and viewed magnified and scrutinised many times bigger than real life,
misalignments if any are blown out of all proportion and at real size probably be so small that they would be unmeasurable.
add to that trying to draw straight lines on a 2D Image of a 3D object, if the photo is not taken 100% level with the object it's going to give a very misleading perspective.
imterestingly did you draw the lines because you saw an issue or did you only see misalignment after you drew the lines? Because the pic with lines looks awful but the picture without looks perfectly fine to me, I think the lines are highlighting an issue that doesn't really exist

Last edited:
Reactions: thumbsarehandy

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
I think your post highlights perfectly the issue with QC pictures when they are blown up and viewed magnified and scrutinised many times bigger than real life,
misalignments if any are blown out of all proportion and at real size probably be so small that they would be unmeasurable.
add to that trying to draw straight lines on a 2D Image of a 3D object, if the photo is not taken 100% level with the object it's going to give a very misleading perspective.
imterestingly did you draw the lines because you saw an issue or did you only see misalignment after you drew the lines? Because the pic with lines looks awful but the picture without looks perfectly fine to me

I drew the lines because the watch looked off to me. The pictures after were sent after I asked him to send more pics of the face/dial because the first one looked misaligned.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I drew the lines because the watch looked off to me. The pictures after were sent after I asked him to send more pics of the face/dial because the first one looked misaligned.

Ok I can see that the vertical line is not centred on the centre of the watch, it needs to be moved fractionally to the left so that it is centred with the 12 marker and running throughout the centre of the hand pinion, which it is not at the moment, try that and then see

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
While indices may well be off a tad, or the angle combined with distortion from the crystal can be causing it to look off. Truthfully they look good to me until the line is drawn, then I cannot tell if the watch is 100% head on. Personally I'd accept with this as it's not noticable and will be smaller in person. to see what I'm talking about print up a picture shrunken down to the size it will be in real life and then look at it on your wrist. As far as the hands, this picture I pulled off the web appears the genuine has a similar look.
VsglMZ.md.jpg

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
imterestingly did you draw the lines because you saw an issue or did you only see misalignment after you drew the lines? Because the pic with lines looks awful but the picture without looks perfectly fine to me, I think the lines are highlighting an issue that doesn't really exist

I agree 100%. This watch looks great. There is no way to draw lines on a picture when you don’t know the camera angle. You are being way too picky. When you receive the watch you will be amazed as to how small it is. There is absolutely no issue with this watch. Reject it and the next one may have an issue.

Reactions: Glaude

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Follow up when you receive the watch.
Just received the watch today. The 6 marker is slightly misaligned. Not crooked, just not perfectly aligned. The bezel is extremely tight and impossible to rotate while wearing. Other than that it's good
5977136a05355e20e86a1489fa32d794.jpg
d6614850ac3ab8e8ca1dc8fa529c998a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Yankindeez I've got the same watch. The bezel will loosen up. It's better to have it too tight than too loose.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks for the info. Do you have to use it to loosen up? How's the crown/tube on yours? Mine looks massive in person

Mine is the full size ...not the 58. Same factory. The crown/tube is big. I was also surprised with the thickness of the watch. It’s more like my Seawolf than my 16610. Just keep twisting the bezel a little bit each day and it will loosen up. If you still aren’t happy find a good watch modder in your area and have him work on it. I wouldn’t bother but if the 6 o’clock bugs you he can fix that too.

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
Good advice here - just make sure you don't get confused and follow through - it's easily done.

Great advice from you also! I thought it was a fart and I followed through . Confused the f#@k out of me .

Gallantor

Horology Curious
28/5/19
“It's better to have it too tight than too loose”
no truer words have ever been spoken!!!

Totally, I got a BB58 from Ryan at intime and I rather have it still that all over the place.