• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hulk and Kermit

Steviemcg

Horology Curious
18/4/19
Ok, my first question as a newbie.

At present I think the watch I really want is a Rolex Submariner. Preferred colour is Green.

I assumed they were all green dial and green face (my preferred option) but have noticed some are green dial and black face (not for me).

So, whilst searching through the site I have came across the nicknames for watches, which mean nothing to me yet..... I do intend to learn though.

I am guessing the Green ring black face is a Kermit and Green bezel Green face is a Hulk? Or am i over thinking this?

Steviemcg

Horology Curious
18/4/19
Thanks for that..... At first I thought I was wanting a black face, but this watch is the one. Now to track down a convincing one I would be happy to wear as an every day watch.

Sedonut

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/7/17
I just picked up a Noob Hulk, very pretty, I like it.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
You've got it figured out. More specifically, a Kermit is only available in a 16610LV, known as a 5-digit model. Hulk is a 116610LV, known as a 6-digit model.

Steviemcg

Horology Curious
18/4/19
You've got it figured out. More specifically, a Kermit is only available in a 16610LV, known as a 5-digit model. Hulk is a 116610LV, known as a 6-digit model.

Ok..... confused now as to difference in 5 or 6 digit model.

Is that a model number only or to do with the number of digits on the watch face or bezel?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Ok..... confused now as to difference in 5 or 6 digit model.

Is that a model number only or to do with the number of digits on the watch face or bezel?
Just count the figures in the model refs and you'll get the answer :
16610 - 5 digits
166610 - 6 digits

Older models (6538, 6649 not a sub) had only 4 digits in their ref.

Last edited:
Reactions: KushBandit

Captainunderpants

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/15
England
This was my first hurdle and it took me weeks to figure it out .
5 digit , black face is old style and has an aluminium bezel and hollow links ,smaller lugs so it looks and feels lighter .
Green sunburst face is 6 digit and it is the new model with ceramic bezel .
Just look for 6 digit lv or hulk on you research . Have fun

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Steviemcg

Horology Curious
18/4/19
I know BK is on holiday, but after researching here, I decided to PM him to try to order one of his modified Noob Sub Hulks. Best for the money I'm thinking.

A week ago ago that would have sounded like double Dutch to me, but hey ho, I'm really getting into the forum now.

Captainunderpants

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/15
England
My first sub was from bk .
You will be made up when you have it in hand .
All lined up and beautiful.
I hate the wait after ordering but I’m like a kid when my wife texts me to say it’s come .????

Sent from my iPhone using RWI