• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Procedure Check - Franken Sub 116610LN

Slumeet

Horology Curious
16/4/19
Hello all,

Looking to put together a franken build using this base model Noob V9. Trying to keep the total cost between $1 - 2k (live in CONUS). I'm hoping that the wiser among you can check my methodology here and make sure I'm not doing anything stupid. The upgrades I'm looking to do are:

1. Gen crystal
2. Spongebob insert
3. Gen DW
4. Gen crown
5. Spongebob's scallops mod (making the scallops shine like gen - quoted at $50)
6. Rebrush bracelet and clasp ($70)

My questions pertain to how to acquire the gen parts as well as how to best get them installed on the watch. I know there are those like Spongebob and prof who install these types of things, but wanted to know where the best place would be to source these individual parts? I know nothing we can do will make a perfect 1:1, but for the price range, I'm just trying to get as close as possible so wanted to know from all of you if these goals seem reasonable. Thanks!

Slumeet

Horology Curious
16/4/19
EDIT:

#1 above, will probably end up going with the prof treated crystal instead of gen to save some money.

Pipe

Looking Around
15/4/19
Slumeet. the link to the 116610LN (V9) contains the SA3135 movement. It is my understanding that you would want the SH3135 movement since it is more reliable and compatible with genuine parts.

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
the new clean factory bezel is a option to save some cash. its on puretime. just came out a few days ago

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Slumeet

Horology Curious
16/4/19
Pipe, are you referring to this? Is it the most up to date SH movement? Gotta look in to the differences more, but also consider the ARF vs noob, i always understood noob to be better for Franken but seeing some say ARF is getting better in that regard?

Last edited: