• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXW, interesting, but worth bothering?

ninja9r

Horology Curious
2/3/19
UK
So, kind of like Panerai watches. But, they are a bit obvious. I'd kind of like to say " it's an RXW rep" and have to explain what an RXW is (slightly muddying the rep/gen waters). Than have the basic "it's a rep" conversation.
However, they're pretty cheap. Are they worth buying or should I just pick up a Parnis and have that conversation instead?
If anyone out there currently has one, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
Cheers ninja9r.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Never heard of this. Parnis I'm familiar with and is a decent low end homage....

ninja9r

Horology Curious
2/3/19
UK
Look on ebay, the gate or wherever you shop. They are widely available low end watches.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
You looking for a watch that'll help you start a conversation? Sort of ice breaker?
Get a diesel watch, it'll create all sort of conversation including your taste and sanity for wearing a desk alarm clock on your wrist.

Other than that, get a parnis or alpha watch

Reactions: Rx4Time

ninja9r

Horology Curious
2/3/19
UK
Weirdly I just can't bring myself to wear a fashion watch, I also tend to avoid blatantly branded clothing. However, I already own decent watches but it's just the fact that the PAM looks so ostentatious that it's bound to attracta attention and questions and, I'd rather say it's an RXW rep, (which most people that will ask are unfamiliar) rather than say it's a fake PAM. So wearing it is not the issue, maybe it's more about my obvious brand dodging thing?

seikopsycho

Horology Curious
24/7/18
RXW are kind of like reps of reps. I wouldn't waste my time or money. You'd be better off buying a seiko or even an entry level Invicta pro diver. That's just my opinion though.

ninja9r

Horology Curious
2/3/19
UK
But isn't that the nice thing about reps? That we can waste money on things that we wouldn't usually risk our hard earned?

Hawaii5-0

Supporter
Certified
5/8/15
Conus
They are widely available low end watches.
Absolutely WRONG--Old thread, but can't let misinformation ride! Unlike wine, horse-shiza just gets worse with age!!!
RXWs are superb watches and made by Ken Sato, a true master of watchmaking. His PAM and Rolex builds were astonishing and his MM20 is on par with any of the PAMs prior to PAM's in-house movements. RXW MM20 is phenomenal. Watches were so good, PAM and Rolex sued him. There are now rep MM20s out there!