• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Submariner VRF/ARF/Noob Help

patipatlp

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Hey guys this will hopefully be my last post that I find a watch for me.

I did alot of research of these Watches and on one the dw is not perfect this and that... nothing is perfect. Im just looking for a watch OOTB (dont want to mod it) and it should be pretty clean. Im looking forward to spend about 250-350$. I hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks in Advance

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
Hey guys this will hopefully be the last post that I find a watch for me.

I did a lot of research of these Watches and on one the DW is not perfect this and that... nothing is perfect. I'm just looking for a watch OOTB (don't want to mod it) and it should be pretty clean. I'm looking forward to spending about 250-350$. I hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks in Advance

the only pice I can recommend for that price is a noob v8 316L 116610LN SUB

mytholoG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/18
Hey guys this will hopefully be my last post that I find a watch for me.

I did alot of research of these Watches and on one the dw is not perfect this and that... nothing is perfect. Im just looking for a watch OOTB (dont want to mod it) and it should be pretty clean. Im looking forward to spend about 250-350$. I hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks in Advance

For what kind of Sub are you looking? LN, LV or anything else? You might want to take a look at this list, where the superreps are listed. A Rolex Submariner is surely listed there aswell - but I am not sure if it is in the mentioned price range - even though I am sure you could get a beautiful Submariner by spending up to 450$.

Cheers.

patipatlp

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Thank you mytholoG ! - I dont really know what the difference is between LN and LV, but a V9 Noob or an ARF would be really cool. And where should I look for them to buy? Which Website and stuff?

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
A bit more than your budget, but this is the one I recommend... https://www.intime04.co/rollie/4793...-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824.html

Any of the RWI TD's can source this watch (just easier for me to find on InTime.) And all the TD's will send you QC pics, so if the watch doesn't look right to you (DW not aligned, etc), you may ask to see another. I like ARF a little more than NOOB due to better fit and finish.

By the way, LN - black ceramic bezel/black dial, LV - green ceramic bezel/green dial (also called the Hulk).

patipatlp

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Thanks alot dude the watch looks insane but its really expensive. - Okey I'll contact some dealers and is it safe to ship to Austria (EU Countries) in terms of customs and stuff? and im looking for a LN not the hulk :) Art Tic

mytholoG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/18
Thanks alot dude the watch looks insane but its really expensive. - Okey I'll contact some dealers and is it safe to ship to Austria (EU Countries) in terms of customs and stuff? and im looking for a LN not the hulk :) Art Tic

Regarding your question to customs. It s pretty safe - not 100% but most likely as long as you are in a country which attends in the European Union and as long as the watch gets shipped via the non brexited UK.

Cheers.

Jtnz18

Horology Curious
18/3/19
Looking to make my second Rep purchase. Has anyone ever had any luck with making a purchase on DHGate? I'm looking at a V9 Swiss 2824 movement Submariner with 904L steel all around. Verified Seller is asking $850. I'm specifically looking at this 2824 movement as I believe it is the easiest to keep serviced as I intend to keep this watch for a very long time. All input is highly appreciated as this is my very first post on here. Thank you all.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I'd stay away from DHGate. I made two purchases just to see the quality of the watches, and I got what I paid for. Also, I had no recourse when one watch died days after receipt. The seller never responded to messages, and DHGate didn't help. Buy from known trusted dealers (TD). You can find a long list of TDs in the forum.

I assume the V9 Sub you referred to is the Noob V9? It is a good rep, and I think you can buy it cheaper from the TD's. A2824 is indeed a workhorse movement. I have never had one fail on me, yet.

Reactions: Jtnz18

Jtnz18

Horology Curious
18/3/19
I'd stay away from DHGate. I made two purchases just to see the quality of the watches, and I got what I paid for. Also, I had no recourse when one watch died days after receipt. The seller never responded to messages, and DHGate didn't help. Buy from known trusted dealers (TD). You can find a long list of TDs in the forum.

I assume the V9 Sub you referred to is the Noob V9? It is a good rep, and I think you can buy it cheaper from the TD's. A2824 is indeed a workhorse movement. I have never had one fail on me, yet.

Thank you very much. What are your thoughts on getting the ARF 2824 instead of Noob? I simply want a good looking reliable watch that can hold some longevity and looks very close to a gen. Thank you for the response

Sent from the RWI App

Jtnz18

Horology Curious
18/3/19
I'll take the advice and stay away from DHgate. Here are some photos the seller sent me. Just curious to what you guys and gals thoughts are. Also if anyone can recommend a TD who sells a very nice ARF 2824 Sub please direct me. Thank you all and have a blessed day.

other_2169826275_00.jpg

other_2169826351_00.jpg

other_2169826350_00.jpg