• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What "replica brands" are the best?

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I have not had a BP SM300 in my hand- but in general BP makes decent but not top shelf replicas. In general, BP watches are a good compromise between cost and quality. They also have made a niche for themselves in continuing to produce vintage watches.

I would advise to save a bit more for a VSF- you will be rewarded with a great watch.

Last edited:

Feeling-Sad112

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
23/2/24
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have not had a BP SM300 in my hand- but in general BP makes decent but not top shelf replicas. In general, BP watches are a good compromise between cost and quality. They also have made a niche for themselves in continuing to produce vintage watches.

I would advise to save a bit more for a VSF- you will be rewarded with a great watch.
Ahh okay agreed, just looking and i dont think BP offer the "wave dial" which is a must have for me. I will go for the VSF, a few things im a bit concerned about such as the lume colour & crown thread but hopefully wont be an issue.

sorginator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/23
VSF/ZF is subjectively considered the best reps for the 300 Seamaster.
I've heard that ORF and OMF make good SMPs, in some senses better than the VSF who seems to be slipping the quality department recently. I personally don't have any first person experience with either of these, but I've been hearing some complaints about the VSF

Fireblade

3/2/24
Germany
Is there a reason why Clean Factory is not mentioned in the ranking? Or did Clean Factory not exist when the post was created? In most conversations with forum members I have learned that Clean Factory makes the best GMT II and Daytona.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Is there a reason why Clean Factory is not mentioned in the ranking? Or did Clean Factory not exist when the post was created? In most conversations with forum members I have learned that Clean Factory makes the best GMT II and Daytona.
Because 5 years ago ZZF/Clean was a small factory that was not a major player on anybody's radar

Fireblade

3/2/24
Germany
Where would the clean factory currently be if we were looking for the best factory for Rolex rep?

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
Xtal/movement which is the number one for this?
Clean Factory DJ's have a better case shape, dial, bracelet, and the VR3235 movement is very reliable and stable. VSF Dj's have a good case shape, dial, bracelet but their VS3235 is the top movement for many of the Rolex models VSF makes.

Now it all comes down to what YOU would choose to spend your money on between the two factories because they both have their flaws. Here is a link for you.

Reactions: Fireblade

Fireblade

3/2/24
Germany
Clean Factory DJ's have a better case shape, dial, bracelet, and the VR3235 movement is very reliable and stable. VSF Dj's have a good case shape, dial, bracelet but their VS3235 is the top movement for many of the Rolex models VSF makes.

Now it all comes down to what YOU would choose to spend your money on between the two factories because they both have their flaws. Here is a link for you.
Thank you very much for the information!

Reactions: asusundevils1971

watchguySF

Supporter
Certified
19/2/24
Soooo much information, thank you! Crazy amount of information. Appreciate you making it easier for us newbies!

Reactions: asusundevils1971

watchguySF

Supporter
Certified
19/2/24
I'm having the same issue with contradictory or out of date information.

I'm trying to be a good newbie and read up but it's a minefield.

I'm particularly interested to learn more about the latest crop of reps.

This ^^ People are saying read first but this is a TON of information and much of it outdated. I hope this is actually a flame-free zone!

watchguySF

Supporter
Certified
19/2/24
If navigating a forum is a bit too much for you, then I don't think anyone here can help you. If you claim the format to be ancient, one would assume that the simplest of minds would be able to navigate it.

That's the 2nd rude comment I read from you in the "flame free zone". :mad:. I thought this was a fun community!