• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What "replica brands" are the best?

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
I just noticed that OP has been banned 😂
What a hilarious thread
renews cbs GIF

Reactions: Karbon74

Fireblade

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/24
Germany
Is it possible to get a current list of the best factories? noob has been closed for a long time. clean Factory is not listed at all. It would be great if there was an upgrade to the best factories.

Reactions: watchguySF

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Is it possible to get a current list of the best factories? noob has been closed for a long time. clean Factory is not listed at all. It would be great if there was an upgrade to the best factories.
" Best" is very subjective. If you just want a watch your buddies will not call you out on get a VSF black submariner or a VSF or Clean datejust. If you have to have a Daytona get a Clean.

It's just that simple for a casual buyer of these watches. Be absolutely sure you click on the links on this forum for trusted dealer sites. Do not use Google or you almost certainly get scammed.

Good luck.

Fireblade

3/2/24
Germany
" Best" is very subjective. If you just want a watch your buddies will not call you out on get a VSF black submariner or a VSF or Clean datejust. If you have to have a Daytona get a Clean.

It's just that simple for a casual buyer of these watches. Be absolutely sure you click on the links on this forum for trusted dealer sites. Do not use Google or you almost certainly get scammed.

Good luck.

Fireblade

3/2/24
Germany
Thank you. in fact I would like to buy a Daytona and a GMT II. I heard that clean produces these models in great quality like no other factory.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Thank you. in fact I would like to buy a Daytona and a GMT II. I heard that clean produces these models in great quality like no other factory.
Yes. Clean also makes exceptional GMT IIs.

Those are good choices- enjoy.

Reactions: Fireblade

Fireblade

3/2/24
Germany
Yes. Clean also makes exceptional GMT IIs.

Those are good choices- enjoy.
Thank you for the info. when I come back to the title. Lastly, I would be interested to know are the clean Daytonas comparable to the noob? I remember that noob was the measure of all things 3-4 years ago.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia

Clean in this case, I agree...

On a general note: I think since 2021/22, it has become increasingly difficult to keep track.

The reason being that new factories are emerging constantly that deliver great results from the start, and also the "established" players entering into new brand/model territory they previously didn't cover, i.e. didn't have in their repertoire.

The good old days when there was a single "it-factory" per brand and model at the top seem to be a thing of the past, in my opinion at least ....

The best remedy is to do your own research and rely on your own conclusions based on it, because the main differences between different factories are their individual strengths and weaknesses.

Your own preferences matter much more than what someone else thinks is the supposed “best factory.” However, the truly best factory is the one that best suits your needs, requirements and expectations.

SubNot

Supporter
Certified
17/5/19
EU
Just get on the TDs websites and sort your favourite models by price ascending 😂 Jokes aside, depends on the models you like, I bought few CF (Daytona and GMT) and they are absolutely the best (in my opinion), they are also great as base watch for mods.

SubNot

Supporter
Certified
17/5/19
EU
Just get on the TDs websites and sort your favourite models by price ascending 😂 Jokes aside, depends on the models you like, I bought few CF (Daytona and GMT) and they are absolutely the best (in my opinion), they are also great as base watch for mods.
*descending

Fireblade

3/2/24
Germany
Clean in this case, I agree...

On a general note: I think since 2021/22, it has become increasingly difficult to keep track.

The reason being that new factories are emerging constantly that deliver great results from the start, and also the "established" players entering into new brand/model territory they previously didn't cover, i.e. didn't have in their repertoire.

The good old days when there was a single "it-factory" per brand and model at the top seem to be a thing of the past, in my opinion at least ....

The best remedy is to do your own research and rely on your own conclusions based on it, because the main differences between different factories are their individual strengths and weaknesses.

Your own preferences matter much more than what someone else thinks is the supposed “best factory.” However, the truly best factory is the one that best suits your needs, requirements and expectations.
Yes, that's right. Now all the factories are well positioned and offer many great watches. It is of course very expensive to test all the factories to know which is the better factory for my ideas and requirements for a Daytona and GMT II. So I am grateful for the nice exchange of experiences. My experiences with the factories were a long time ago and no longer up to date.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Yes, that's right. Now all the factories are well positioned and offer many great watches. It is of course very expensive to test all the factories to know which is the better factory for my ideas and requirements for a Daytona and GMT II. So I am grateful for the nice exchange of experiences. My experiences with the factories were a long time ago and no longer up to date.

👍

That's the whole point of this forum: To be a part of the research journey. Exchanging information is actually even more important than in the past, as you yourself will know since you have some past experience.

I have to admit that the "Consensual List" was a great help for orientation at the beginning of my journey, although over time I realized that personal experience is more important than so-called consensus. Reps are probably the hardest niche in the entirety of all horological hobbies, because there aren't nearly as many resources out there as for "legal" watches. 😆

My first few weeks were confusing as f**k. 🤣

But let me tell you: Finding RWI was the most important step in my rep endeavor, because I doubt there's a more knowledgeable rep community out there. 😉

Fireblade

3/2/24
Germany
All right, I'll report what experiences I had. I'm very excited to see how the quality and process have changed. Have a pleasant evening everyone.

Reactions: eBoy

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
All right, I'll report what experiences I had. I'm very excited to see how the quality and process have changed. Have a pleasant evening everyone.
Please take care of the multi account banner under your name, pm trailboss or open a helpdesk ticket.

Reactions: g00n