• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What "replica brands" are the best?

sim24

Horology Curious
11/2/24
When searching for these companies there seems to be multiple results and it's hard to tell which are the official sites, is there a list of the web addresses available?

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
When searching for these companies there seems to be multiple results and it's hard to tell which are the official sites, is there a list of the web addresses available?
Never ever Google any trusted dealer site, scam risk is extremely high. Use only RWI'S links:

sim24

Horology Curious
11/2/24
Never ever Google any trusted dealer site, scam risk is extremely high. Use only RWI'S links:
Understood, thanks!

Reactions: Stevec3896

Bloody9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
This list is helpful but I'm having trouble reconciling this info with some info over on Reddit. For example, I'm not seeing Clean Factory on the list and on reddit it appears that it is a toss up between Clean and VSF for Rolex's, but Noob isn't even in the Rolex conversation. On RWI, Noob is very popular and mentioned frequently even though I understand it closed so we're only left with existing inventory out in the marketplace?

Anyways, just trying to cross reference the two data points of RWI and r/reptime to interpret results.

Reactions: sim24

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
This list is helpful but I'm having trouble reconciling this info with some info over on Reddit. For example, I'm not seeing Clean Factory on the list and on reddit it appears that it is a toss up between Clean and VSF for Rolex's, but Noob isn't even in the Rolex conversation. On RWI, Noob is very popular and mentioned frequently even though I understand it closed so we're only left with existing inventory out in the marketplace?

Anyways, just trying to cross reference the two data points of RWI and r/reptime to interpret results.

just ignore that NWBIG list.
It's totally obsolete by now.

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
the list from 2019. it is now 5 years old and things change.
That's what I thought. I was thrown off because there was some notation at the top about changing leather straps that was added July 2023. So I took that as an indicator the list was being maintained in some form. I'm trying to decipher through information on RWI. So much great content but then I look at the time/date stamp on a post and it will be from 2012 or something.

Is the r/reptime on Reddit the best reference list of current watches and factories or are there some others out there (RWG, etc.). Thanks,

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Is the r/reptime on Reddit the best reference list of current watches
Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

s10ww

Supporter
Certified
11/1/24
United Kingdom
Is the r/reptime on Reddit the best reference list of current watches and factories or are there some others out there (RWG, etc.). Thanks,

You'll find people on here often belittle r/reptime - people don't hang around there for too long before moving onto other sites.

Personally I find the general Reddit experience quite jarring. More knowledge elsewhere on the internet and better craic on twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You'll find people on here often belittle r/reptime - people don't hang around there for too long before moving onto other sites.

Personally I find the general Reddit experience quite jarring. More knowledge elsewhere on the internet and better craic on twitter.
Reptime breeds people like you. Rep info for the low IQ.

• Love
Reactions: rolex4me and s10ww

sim24

Horology Curious
11/2/24
just ignore that NWBIG list.
It's totally obsolete by now.
I'm having the same issue with contradictory or out of date information.

I'm trying to be a good newbie and read up but it's a minefield.

I'm particularly interested to learn more about the latest crop of reps.

brahmabull

On the hunt for PAM163,212,213,288,286,253,228,297
Supporter
Certified
7/11/10
Tar on toe
I'm having the same issue with contradictory or out of date information.

I'm trying to be a good newbie and read up but it's a minefield.

I'm particularly interested to learn more about the latest crop of reps.
Best thing to do is read about specific reference models that you are interested in within its section

for example, if you are interested in the Pepsi GMT master, there is a great and extensive thread on it. .

from there, come to your own conclusions on which rep and factory to buy from. Each factory has its own ‘flaws’ in its replica version. Learn about them and decide if this is what you can be comfortable with. Remember, it’s a replica. If you are looking for exact 1:1, buy gen.
good luck

Reactions: sim24 and TESLA760

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US

Ouch! The same people that just said ignore their "best of" list because it's obsolete from years ago want to flip out because I asked about a reptime list that seems to be pretty well maintained. Ha!

And who can navigate these forums anymore? These types of forums are ancient from the 00s. It's nearly impossible to search and find info when posts come up from 2012.

Reactions: Levko

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
I may be doing the wrong thing, but normally i always take a look here just for reference.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EC5pJdbP4ebBvuu7wsZcgwbfGiNhjAV28g5UMKSGJe4/htmlview

Then i double triple quadruple check every post i can find here on RWI.
I have yet to find a contradiction from the r/reptime list you just linked to and the comments on RWI. I've only researched Rolex's though. I think they are pretty easy to come to a consensus on generally accepted references and factories.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Ouch! The same people that just said ignore their "best of" list because it's obsolete from years ago want to flip out because I asked about a reptime list that seems to be pretty well maintained. Ha!

And who can navigate these forums anymore? These types of forums are ancient from the 00s. It's nearly impossible to search and find info when posts come up from 2012.

You will not be able to tell the differences between a Clean and a VSF Rolex. The subtle differences that are debated on here are magnified because they are being debated on here. Some of these guys truly are world-class experts in detecting the minutae that are "tells" of a fake watch. These are tells only to extremely knowledgeable watch nerds- not your drinking buddies or someone standing in line at the club.

If you buy a clean or a VSF your buddy looking at your watch will have no idea it is fake.

Last edited:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If navigating a forum is a bit too much for you, then I don't think anyone here can help you. If you claim the format to be ancient, one would assume that the simplest of minds would be able to navigate it.

Reactions: Karbon74