• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help on first purchase

elche069

Horology Curious
19/11/18
I’m debating on getting an explorer 1 rep watch. It’s my first rep and I would like to have something reliable but that will not cost me a fortune on the long run.

I’m debating between 2 models:
A) BP factory explorer1 214270 A2836
B) JF factory explorer1 V2 214270 A3132

I’m a neewbie and have no idea about servicing a watch. I read the JF version is a much better replica than the BP however the a3132 needs servicing pretty much out of the box... is that true? what does that mean and how much should I expect to pay in Montreal ?

Also like to know who should I buy it from ? I’ve contacted trusty time and his communication seemed very fast but I’d like to have your opinion.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rid-dit-dit-duh-doo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/18
Some people recommend servicing on arrival, and some others would say just wear it til it stops working. It might be cheaper at that point to just install a brand new movement than servicing. The Asian movements have gotten a lot more reliable over the years. I'd say just wear it.

​​

Reactions: elche069

elche069

Horology Curious
19/11/18
Some people recommend servicing on arrival, and some others would say just wear it til it stops working. It might be cheaper at that point to just install a brand new movement than servicing. The Asian movements have gotten a lot more reliable over the years. I'd say just wear it.

​​

Ohh really? Is it that expensive? How much are we talking about ?

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Ohh really? Is it that expensive? How much are we talking about ?

servicing in your place i would say around 50-100usd to get it service.
brand new sa3135 around 250-350usd. so you do the math.
if your movement brokedown after 2 3 years maybe changing new movement is the deal. but if your movement breakdown after 2 months. and you have to change a new one, and also after the failing of the first one you want to service the next one right away. LOL

Sent from the RWI App

elche069

Horology Curious
19/11/18
servicing in your place i would say around 50-100usd to get it service.
brand new sa3135 around 250-350usd. so you do the math.
if your movement brokedown after 2 3 years maybe changing new movement is the deal. but if your movement breakdown after 2 months. and you have to change a new one, and also after the failing of the first one you want to service the next one right away. LOL

Sent from the RWI App

Ok I see, thanks for the tip !

In your opinion, being my first rep and at a price point of 298$ usd for the BP AND 369$ for the JF, which one would you go for in terms of overall quality and movement ?

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Ok I see, thanks for the tip !

In your opinion, being my first rep and at a price point of 298$ usd for the BP AND 369$ for the JF, which one would you go for in terms of overall quality and movement ?

For me i always stick with asian eta 2824 or 2836 for its have been prove to be very reliable movement. Cheap servicing and easy to get repair part.
for accuracy definitely everybody knows its the jf explorer even though shitty movement. Thats why i avoid at all cost sa and sh movement. Just personal point of view.
BP i dont do any research on so cannot give you advice on that.
advice really is to find different watch you may like with asian eta movement and high quality 1:1. Example let say pam super rep. Arf 2824 116610ln,tudor with 2824, jf with miyota (audemars royal oak)... etc.

DanRep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/17
I purchased from Lucy and was very happy with the quality and her QA/QC. regarding service, if you can find someone locally to service a rep then it might be worth it...but on a $350-500 fake watch, I would just wear it until it stopped working and then find someone that can just swap out the movement.