• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Complete Noob. many questions that I haven't seen answers to.

nobody

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
11/3/09
1. Why do people buy replica watches? I mean I'm sure it's because of price but aren't reps illegal? Once you have one and want to sell it, how can you? I know that eBay won't sell them so I guess it would have to be between people that know the watch is a rep.
2. Can quality be even close to the authentic watch?
3. Do people have multiple reps in their collection? And if so wouldn't it be wise to save the money from multiple reps to buy one authentic watch? I see the allure as I could then have many high class watches but is it worth it? As you can see I am having a problem wrapping my head around buying reps.
Thanks in advance,
nobody

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Spend a few hours reading on this forum and you'll find the answers to all your questions.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
1. Why do people buy replica watches? I mean I'm sure it's because of price but aren't reps illegal? Once you have one and want to sell it, how can you? I know that eBay won't sell them so I guess it would have to be between people that know the watch is a rep.
3. Do people have multiple reps in their collection? And if so wouldn't it be wise to save the money from multiple reps to buy one authentic watch? I see the allure as I could then have many high class watches but is it worth it? As you can see I am having a problem wrapping my head around buying reps.
Thanks in advance,
nobody

You will soon have been a member on this forum for 10 frikking years and you ask "Why do people buy replica watches"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Maron and tripdog

bare84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/13

Yes, except the movement, from my point of view, there are reps, which are pretty close to their genuie role models ;)

e.g. the "old" Tudor BB... if you mod it with a gen eta 2824, there is literally almost no diffrence