• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ladies?

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18
Just wondering if any other women are on here? It's a little intimidating posting on some of this,(since it seems to be mostly men) and was just looking for some guidance. I have been lurking for a long time and finally joined. I am in the process of trying to order from Ryan.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's true it's mostly males on this forum, but there are a few ladies here.

No need to be intimidated though, most male members on here will bend over backwards to help a female member.

What guidance are you looking for ?

Reactions: harleyquinn

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
There definitely are some ladies around, you won’t find out easily though! And with elaborate taste aswell.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18
It's true it's mostly males on this forum, but there are a few ladies here.

No need to be intimidated though, most male members on here will bend over backwards to help a female member.

What guidance are you looking for ?

Thank You! I am just having a hard time figuring out the whole payment thing. I have been researching the Litecoin thing and signed up BUT I suck at math & the way the whole conversion thing works! I was trying to establish myself here, so eventually a TD will allow me to pay by PayPal, but that may take me forever to reach the post requirement :)

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
Thank You! I am just having a hard time figuring out the whole payment thing. I have been researching the Litecoin thing and signed up BUT I suck at math & the way the whole conversion thing works! I was trying to establish myself here, so eventually a TD will allow me to pay by PayPal, but that may take me forever to reach the post requirement :)

order from BK and use western union or bank transfer. so much easier then the whole bitcoin crap

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18
order from BK and use western union or bank transfer. so much easier then the whole bitcoin crap

Thanks for your input! I was leaning toward the WU initially, but read that some of the TD's won't do that anymore, and a lot of WU or banks give you a hassle. (I prob have just been "over-reading" on how to do things!!! )I haven't looked into BK at all....I am gonna check out the page now if I can locate the link.

JoeyT

11/8/14
Thanks for your input! I was leaning toward the WU initially, but read that some of the TD's won't do that anymore, and a lot of WU or banks give you a hassle. (I prob have just been "over-reading" on how to do things!!! )I haven't looked into BK at all....I am gonna check out the page now if I can locate the link.

BK is US based so he is alot easier for us in the states and his mods are fantastic

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Just wondering if any other women are on here? It's a little intimidating posting on some of this,(since it seems to be mostly men) and was just looking for some guidance. I have been lurking for a long time and finally joined. I am in the process of trying to order from Ryan.

Here's another woman... welcome! I found your post by searching for the same thing - LOL!

I'm not sure that they know I'm a female, but my username was chosen to be a giveaway.... most of the responses to my posts have been very helpful, and I have been really pleased with the assistance I have gotten from forum members.

I have always been a watch girl (and car girl too - my first car was a '68 Triumph TR-250) ever since I was little... and I always hated the dinky watches that girls back then were offered. For the most part they were only offered in shades of pink, were stupid or cartoon-looking and I could never read the dial cuz it was so little. Then I fell in love with a 70's diver's watch one of the boys at the local pool had (he was a jerk, but the watch was cool), but no girls wore them back then.

Then in the 80's things changed. I saved up for a yellow mid-sized Tag Heuer Formula 1 - the one with the plastic bezel - it was expensive for me, but I LOVED it - it was big and colorful, had the movable bezel, etc! I still have it, and now about 8 others of the same - all different colors (but no pink!), some on jubilee bracelets, some not.

Now I am older and make a good living, but can't justify spending 9K on a watch. I found this forum and have been thrilled, it's my chance to finally get a Rolex Submariner Hulk (the green one!) without spending big $$$$.

I have two versions on order, one from Angus at Puretime, and one from Ryan at Intime. I paid for both with a VISA CC and things went very smoothly. Both TDs and their staff have been very responsive to questions, and I am waiting anxiously for the QC photos! I am SO glad to have found this forum, because before I came across it, I came soooo close to buying a watch from a seller online called "noobfactory" or something like that, and he was NOT a Trusted Dealer - I would have been scammed!

Prolly more that you wanted to know, but oh well.

These guys on here know their &%$* and I am grateful to have found them - so when I see memes of lions licking their balls I just do a rolleyes and move on... LOL

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

Paypal is not going to happen for a while - it'll take several purchases with the same TD before he'll be happy allowing PP payments. Go with WU, bank wire or a prepaid credit card, at least until you work out the Bitcoin thing.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17

This is just such a silly thing to say about btc!! Once you have btc or in this case litecoin but I'm not sure who takes lite but once u have them in ur wallet there is no easier way to pay your TD.

Sent from the RWI App

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17

I would advise u to take people's advice about WU as payment till you get going and find your feet but if you would like any answers on btc ect PM me and I'll do my best to help you work it out. Good luck and enjoy the forum.

Sent from the RWI App

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18
Here's another woman... welcome! I found your post by searching for the same thing - LOL!

I'm not sure that they know I'm a female, but my username was chosen to be a giveaway.... most of the responses to my posts have been very helpful, and I have been really pleased with the assistance I have gotten from forum members.

I have always been a watch girl (and car girl too - my first car was a '68 Triumph TR-250) ever since I was little... and I always hated the dinky watches that girls back then were offered. For the most part they were only offered in shades of pink, were stupid or cartoon-looking and I could never read the dial cuz it was so little. Then I fell in love with a 70's diver's watch one of the boys at the local pool had (he was a jerk, but the watch was cool), but no girls wore them back then.

Then in the 80's things changed. I saved up for a yellow mid-sized Tag Heuer Formula 1 - the one with the plastic bezel - it was expensive for me, but I LOVED it - it was big and colorful, had the movable bezel, etc! I still have it, and now about 8 others of the same - all different colors (but no pink!), some on jubilee bracelets, some not.

Now I am older and make a good living, but can't justify spending 9K on a watch. I found this forum and have been thrilled, it's my chance to finally get a Rolex Submariner Hulk (the green one!) without spending big $$$$.

I have two versions on order, one from Angus at Puretime, and one from Ryan at Intime. I paid for both with a VISA CC and things went very smoothly. Both TDs and their staff have been very responsive to questions, and I am waiting anxiously for the QC photos! I am SO glad to have found this forum, because before I came across it, I came soooo close to buying a watch from a seller online called "noobfactory" or something like that, and he was NOT a Trusted Dealer - I would have been scammed!

Prolly more that you wanted to know, but oh well.

These guys on here know their &%$* and I am grateful to have found them - so when I see memes of lions licking their balls I just do a rolleyes and move on... LOL

LOVE your response! I am kinda the same way. I'm wanting the 36mm. I found this watch I LOVED, but couldn't justify the price even though I could afford it. I found this place purely by accident almost a year ago, and have just been hovering around. Basically the payment thing was the only thing holding me back! Otherwise I would prob have 10 watches by now!

I have been emailing Ryan back/forth for a few days. I also talked to Francis from MTZ . Did you use your "personal" cc or one that you load money on (I saw some posts where the cc companies would not let payment go through)? Geez, if I knew that was safe, that would be a heck of a lot easier...because this Litecoin thing is making me feel like a total "dumb blonde" even after watching the video on PureTimes page HA! The "ball licking" thing is hilarious too!!!!!????

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
LOVE your response! I am kinda the same way. I'm wanting the 36mm. I found this watch I LOVED, but couldn't justify the price even though I could afford it. I found this place purely by accident almost a year ago, and have just been hovering around. Basically the payment thing was the only thing holding me back! Otherwise I would prob have 10 watches by now!

I have been emailing Ryan back/forth for a few days. I also talked to Francis from MTZ . Did you use your "personal" cc or one that you load money on (I saw some posts where the cc companies would not let payment go through)? Geez, if I knew that was safe, that would be a heck of a lot easier...because this Litecoin thing is making me feel like a total "dumb blonde" even after watching the video on PureTimes page HA! The "ball licking" thing is hilarious too!!!!!????

LOL! So nice to know I'm not the only one here on the forum without a Y chromosome... Yes, I did use my personal (Costco) VISA. The first order I made was to Puretime, and the CC went through without a hitch. Then, I ordered a watch from Ryan at Intime using the same card, and it did not go through - but it was just as well because I changed my mind after the order! Then, I just recently placed an order again to Intime, used the same card, and it went through just fine. So, 2 out of three tries with 2 different TD's, and no problem! I'd love to use Paypal, but it seems you have to first develop a rep with the TDs before that can happen....

Now I'm thrilled because I just got my QC photos for one of the watches - yaaay!! I have uploaded them to Picr as per a "how to" thread on the forum, but I am having a hard time getting them to not come up looking small. Ugh.... Hopefully I'll figure it out soon!

Cheers and good luck!!!

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18
Paypal is not going to happen for a while - it'll take several purchases with the same TD before he'll be happy allowing PP payments. Go with WU, bank wire or a prepaid credit card, at least until you work out the Bitcoin thing.

Great advice! Thanks for your input for sure!!!

Reactions: tripdog

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18
I would advise u to take people's advice about WU as payment till you get going and find your feet but if you would like any answers on btc ect PM me and I'll do my best to help you work it out. Good luck and enjoy the forum.

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks for the help! I'm glad I found this place. I have found a lot of very useful information. Love all the pics too!!

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

JoeyT

11/8/14
This is just such a silly thing to say about btc!! Once you have btc or in this case litecoin but I'm not sure who takes lite but once u have them in ur wallet there is no easier way to pay your TD.

Sent from the RWI App

For someone not used to crypto currency it can be overwhelming but i guess once you get the hang of it then its fine.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
For someone not used to crypto currency it can be overwhelming but i guess once you get the hang of it then its fine.

I hear ya bro. Same offer to you. You wish to know anything or have questions or would like some advice on crypto just PM me I'll be more than willing to talk to you and help you out. I think you may be surprised how easy it can be. Have a good evening.

Sent from the RWI App

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18

Yes! My prob is the conversion and how you buy it and then how it can fluctuate! I am HORRIBLE at math LOL So it is like looking at a foreign language!!