• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Overwhelmed

Dmounce

Horology Curious
22/10/18
I decided a few days ago to go with a replica Rolex vs buying a used one. Had been debating between a sub or the datejust II got on some forms and started looking for a TD and not sure what site I went through orginally but after a few hours I found one I was considering. I emailed him back and forward a few times trying to decide what I wanted between the two looking for his input on which would be a more convincing copy because alot of people at my job have originals and know they are going to end up side by side eventually. Anyway ended up decided on the datejust in blue with the jubilee bracelet but before I went through with the order I decided to double check the site I was useing and ended up here and am glad I did because found a few people on here who had a bad experience with the site I was considering. So I joined on here and started looking around for info and am overwhelmed now im not sure who to buy from what I want anymore and am hoping for some feed back.
​​I have read on here that none of the date just with the blue face the color is off so now I'm back to leaning towards the sub which is fine but so many dealers and with alot of them. I'm not sure who it's made by. The one I was looking at was a noob v9 but then trying to do my homework I came across people talking about having original parts put in by some dealers to fix some of the mistakes on the replica. This sounded great to me but they didn't say the site they were useing just the guys name think it was Josh or Joshua. Then in other forms I saw people recommend having the movement oiled and cleaned as soon as you get it to prolong the life. And that some of the dealers can do this But they didn't name any who could or would. Sorry I'm sure alot of this is in the forms and I have spent most of the night and day digging and just keep running into dead links and having more questions then I started with.
So to summarize I'm debating between the datejust in blue or the sub. So which would be closer to the original between the two. What TD would people recommend for going through and oiling and clsaning and do you think the noob v9 would be able to sit side by side with a original and not be able to notice its a rep. If not what brand would you think or parts need to be replaced to make it look like a genuine and can the same dealer do this or what TD can. I'm. Going to keep digging and if I find my awnsers I'll delete but haven't had much luck yet. Saw some people talking about giving a budget to when you ask for some help so I'd like to get out for around $600 but am willing to go up to around $1000 if I have to. Thanks in advance.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Dmounce first welcome to RWI, this is an addiction, so be prepared as RWI is amazing, the people here are awesome, and you can wear whatever watch you dream of.

With gen subs, I would stay away from 6-digit ceramic models. Get a nice 5-digit. Look in the M2M section for a nice JF or TC 16610LN. The 5 digit sub was made from the early 80's until about 2007 or so if I recall. TC does not make rep watches anymore so you will have to find one via the Member to Member (M2M) sales section but those are typically viewed as the closest rep to gen without doing major Franken work (upgrading with gen parts etc.) I suggest going to our Trusted Dealer section and picking a TD to look at what they have for a new rep.

https://puretime.io/
http://mrtimezone02.store/cat/brands/
hontwatch.ru
www.intime03.co

These are just a few of our TD websites. Best advice is read the reviews and decide on your TD first, then the watch you want.

Also, know that it can take anywhere from 7-90+ days to receive your order. Don't pay with a standard CC. Make payment in whichever method the TD you choose suggests, that typically helps for a smoother transaction. Also be prepared for conversion fees etc, so you will typically pay more than advertised when using a TD, but by only about 15%-20% based on where you are and what currency you use.

Have fun and good luck!!!

Reactions: Dmounce

Dmounce

Horology Curious
22/10/18
Thanks for the speedy reply yea have been looking at two of those dealers just thought I'd ask a few questions before I commited. Being my first time I feel like it's a gamble no matter who or what I go with and I guess I'm just going to have to make the plunge and trust everone.

Wraithier

19/6/16
Thanks for the speedy reply yea have been looking at two of those dealers just thought I'd ask a few questions before I commited. Being my first time I feel like it's a gamble no matter who or what I go with and I guess I'm just going to have to make the plunge and trust everone.

It's actually not much of a gamble. All of the TDs I've used here are great.

I get it's a little nerve wracking making your first purchase but it gets easier once you develop a relationship with a TD.

I personally mainly use intime and I've been very happy.

Also check out:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

These are the reps that need the least modification/no modification out of the box. The only Rolex currently on there is this: Rolex 114300, 39mm, Grape and Grey dial JF.

I find that blue in general seems like a hard shade to match as far as reps are concerned, there are always slight shade difference between gen and rep that will be noticeable (IMO) if it's going to be side to side with a gen. I personally stick to black/white/grey unless I've seen that the shade is VERY close.

Finally if you have to have a rep modded or serviced that is going to be a separate transaction from a TD. There is a list of trusted watch modders in the forums.

Dmounce

Horology Curious
22/10/18
That was very helpful thanks yea more the gamble I was referring to was that most of the rep the TD on here are good quality and hard to spot as fake unless you know what your looking for. From what I have read alot of people are being extremely picky. Saw one post in guy said he postesd his gen sub and said it was a rep and watched everyone point out flaws that a real one wouldn't have. Thanks again

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
Hey mate - if you are worried about people knowing that you are wearing a rep and there is a distinct/large possibility that your rep will literally end up in a side by side comparison with a gen, then I would consider buying a 2nd hand gen.
As people have mentioned above, you can also be very satisfied with a high quality rep, so if you get one that none of your friends/colleagues have then you’ll be fine :)
I agree with the sub suggestion. Go get a 5 digit JF sub and you’ll be set !